Model Cars Magazine Forum

1972 Beverly Hills Cop Nova

migace

on the other hand the 'old' Miami Vice black Daytona...was based on the correct car from the series

a kit car with Corvette parts..instead of the real Ferrari

also i don't think Foley's Nova was anywhere near an SS model..even if they did base it on the basemodel from the movie..they still had to create all the dents and the rust that was on it...

still a great movie though..love the scene in the Beverly hills police office with Foley ,Bogomill and Taggert...

Foley;..'is this the man who wrecked the buffet?'...

Taggert;..not so loud Axel..

'what can he hear me through that wall?...

(everybody)..YES!! He can!!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the deal... this kit isn't aimed at US. Tom Lowe has always been involved in the TV and Movie memorabilia market. There are huge shows for this hobby across the country all the time. Our hobby is tiny next to this market. People attending these shows will buy this kit. Most will be happy with the box art and maybe never even open the box. None of them will notice the differences between the actual movie car and the kit. And if this makes Round 2 money so that they can invest in stuff we'd like to see reissued, so be it!

Well put Tom.....

• 5 years later...

Could this be a rare look at Axel's blue Chevy Nova before it was crappy?

In all honesty I think the movie makers got it wrong by presenting the main characters car as a beat down used car. Imagine the impact the car would have today if Foley's car would've been a dent free 70 Nova with air-shocks, Cragers, and nice paint. I definitely don't think the moviecar would've "Accidentally" gotten sent to the junkyard...

Define Irony? The day after posting in this thread, I got a text from my cousin with these two pics of a familiar Nova in his garage. He just bought it last Saturday. It has a 632 cu.in. Big block with 900 HP on pump gas... I see a another build On the workbench in my future...

• 2 weeks later...

To get back to the original subject, I just finished this kit. I made a short track racecar out of it (see NASCAR) forum.

I liked the separate seats and exhaust (not molded in). It saved a lot of time.

The kit comes with a small and big block engine, hi-rise manifold and competition hood to contain it all. I like the separate front fenders. Rally wheels are also included, which I always liked on the 1:1.

Detail could be a bit better, but the kit allows a lot of leeway for customizing.

6 minutes ago, Lizard Racing said:

To get back to the original subject, I just finished this kit. I made a short track racecar out of it (see NASCAR) forum.

With the ill-fitting front fenders and the bent-up looking roof, that might be the perfect use for this kit. B)