Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 McNAIRY COUNTY SHERIFF'S CAR..

FIREMODELMAN

a build from the original movie 'walking tall'.. the cars in the movie were 1973 dodge polara's, but since i dont have one of those, i'll be using the 1970 ford from hobby heaven.. sheriff pusser was in office from 1964 till 1970, so this car would not be totaly out of the realm of posability. i have an album going in my fotki site if you want to have a look.. thanks for looking,dave. :lol:

thanks tintman... i've got a few updates of this build today, i've been slowly working on the engine, and i would say it's about 70% done, here's a pic

HPIM3881-vi.jpg

and the decals

HPIM3885-vi.jpg

now i know that the decals are different than what's on the movie car, but i had to go with what i had, or could get my hands on.. the fender decals are made from 3 different sheets from chimneyville, took me about 2 hours just to do this side.. but like i said in my first post, this will not be a replica, just a somewhat true to life build..... thanks for looking,dave.

P.S., i have more pics in my fotki album if anyone want's to look. :)