Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/32 scale chassis kits ?

moparmagiclives

Here's a link to EJ's chassis kits. I like them because they're similar to vintage slot cars that I'm familiar with but there are actually plenty of sources out there for more modern style stuff also. Spend a little time with Google and you'll find some more.

http://www.ejshobbies.com/slot+car+chassis.htm

Edited by mr moto

that chassis from EJs that mimics the old monogram brass pan chassis is great...like the original but reinforced in several places to prevent flex. i also bought a very nice alloy chassis from slot it...wasnt cheap but it was fast and had several nice features including twin adjustable magnets plus the slot-it components were among the best ever

ferrarichassis.jpg

• 2 months later...

i've forever wanted a Cox chassis & wheels in 1/25. i think there was a Cheetah & Chapparel - maybe some others. i'd find something to do with it. there is a commercial track about 25 miles from here.

Carrera makes a nice Cheetah.

Al

23744-2.jpgcover.gif

Edited by Porscheman

Professor Motor has this one. Anglewinder steel chassis with floating pan, uses commercial guide ( read Jet-Flag ) piano wire front axle, accepts bearings for a 3/32 rear axle, only 15 bucks, lots of features of 1/24 pro, it should handle great.

ET1000-2.jpg

http://www.professor...ct-p/et1000.htm

Edited by Draggon

Do a search on "PCS32 chassis" Pendle Slot Cars UK http://www.pendleslotracing.co.uk/ has the best selection, wheels and tires. Professor Motor carries them also, last time I looked they only carried the bare bones chassis. The PCS32 chassis is adjustable for wheelbase and can be fitted for width of the body as well. I've used them on a couple of cars they fit and handle very well for an aftermarket chassis they can be set up to run a magnet or not.

(The following is just my oppinion) I have never been able to get the steel plate chassis when fitted with foam tires, to handle very well on a home slot car track. This would include the Parma Womp chassis with foam tires (treated or not). They go and handle like a magnet car on a routed commercial type track which is what they are designed for in the first place. Other handling guru's may have some tweeks that they do to make these go, if anyone does I'm all ears.