Model Cars Magazine Forum

ROADSIDE ATTRACTION COOL PICTURES--YOUR OWN

Hello Doctor, I have been photographing old cars, trucks, buildings and anything that caught my attention since 1967, when I was studying photography in a local JR college, in and around Phx AZ and throughout the entire state. I have 1000s of slides and photos of interesting things in AZ, drag races in '73 in southern CA and old tractors up in Ohio in 2006. Lots of old cars and trucks in the weeds. I would like someone to see these photos but I don't know how to post them or scan them, I have a new scanner but I don't know how to connect it to my old computer. If I can figure something out I will contact you. I want to order one of your books too, but I don't have an on-line account. You take money orders? Your fan, Patrick Mitchell.

Great pics! You just gave me incentive to take pics of all the old gas stations along the old US40 (replaced mostly by I80) running from Sacramento to Auburn through the small towns, then up to Lake Tahoe. In the 1950's and 60's some of those stations were still operating and my mother knew the owners as we often stopped for soda, gas, or overheating. I can't even count how many times over the years I have taken the old..."old, old" as they call it...highway down or up the mountain, slowed down, and looked at those old stations with the intention of stopping and looking around. I just never did....but next time I will for sure.

Along Route 66:

386-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

In Tonopah, NV:

100_8955-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Inviting, but no gas:

100_8956-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

100_8957-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Edited by deja-view

Guest Darkside Customs

Here's some pics that have inspired me...

Taken at a car show outside of Pigeon Forge...

c039425b.jpg

Taken at Hobbytown USA near my house

d7cd739f.jpg

Taken in Pigeon Forge...

0fe4cc07.jpg

My love for lowriders will never change... These were taken on my way to L.A.

2ae376bd.jpg

02d7c944.jpg

O.K., I'll play. This first shot was driving across interstate 80 from Salt Lake to Reno, just after the GSL contest in 2005. The shot is looking out across the Bonneville Salt Flats.

Mvc016f-vi.jpg

Staying with the GSL trend. This shot is of Mt. Hood, just outside Portland , OR that I took from the window of the plane as I was flying back home after the contest in 2007.

DSC04162-vi.jpg

A1A in Daytona Beach last September.

DSC08070-vi.jpg

Driving through a tree in Northern California.

MVC021F-vi.jpg

And, just in case anyone didn't realize just how big the trunk of a California Redwood tree could be.

MVC018F-vi.jpg