Model Cars Magazine Forum

Need a good Photoetch source

Try www.photo-etch.co.uk I was really happy with them and they take credit cards. They will do anything from 1-off to production and can deal with any kind of art but of course the more ready to use it is the less it will cost.

PCE was, in fact, the company I used to etch the set in the pix above. They had done a couple of other sets for me that came out great, but maybe they weren't able to handle the level of detail this time around. Which is surprising, as I had a few Model Car Garage sets that I scanned in, and made sure that my artwork was similar in level of detail. Anybody know which company MCG uses?

PCE was, in fact, the company I used to etch the set in the pix above. They had done a couple of other sets for me that came out great, but maybe they weren't able to handle the level of detail this time around. Which is surprising, as I had a few Model Car Garage sets that I scanned in, and made sure that my artwork was similar in level of detail. Anybody know which company MCG uses?

I have some of your PE parts (license holder & hood retainers) and they are excellant. Not to rain on you parade but do you know that Revell will be releasing the 70 Mach I in a few months that would negate the use of some of the PE on that set????

I have some of your PE parts (license holder & hood retainers) and they are excellant. Not to rain on you parade but do you know that Revell will be releasing the 70 Mach I in a few months that would negate the use of some of the PE on that set????

Yeah, I did the artwork way before I heard any news about the Mach 1 retool. I guess whoever wants to will just have two choices, PE parts or plastic. I did set it for just about any 70 'Stang variant (Boss 429 & 302, plain jane with a 351C, or whatever).

Yesterday I received some photoetch items from Replicas & Miniatures of Maryland and they had a Fotocut logo on them. That's a pretty high recommendation!

Thanks, I'll get in touch with Fotocut and see if they can handle the fine detail.