Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Camaro Rat Rod

I like rat rods. I like patina'd rods. I like beaters, works-in-progress, whatever you want to call them.

But this is just pointless. I dearly hope this turns into a $150,000 turkey he can't sell.

X4. After reading the articles last statment as being art, well...it takes brains to have the imagination to create art and with these guys claiming it takes balls to do this.... I guess no brains need to be replaced with something! Along with too much money and spare time as well!

I think its pretty bad... I like the look. Everyone complaining about the waste of money... you arent putting the cash up, and half of the guys on here couldnt anyways; based on the complaining about kit prices, and jobs. Its different, and its not everyones cup of tea, I dont agree with the "worth" of the car either, but someone will probably buy it (if they havent already) I remember seeing this car a long time back.

I always thought a Rat Rod was supposed to be built with junk yard parts and the only new parts money went into the go fast goodies (engine, drivetrain, etc)

If anything (other than messing up a good car), the Camaro would be maybe "Faux Rat".

Edited by dmk

That didn't take cojones to do, just a mindless fool following the current trend.

Now what I want to know is, how long will it be before the paper thin sheet metal used on new cars turns from surface rust to rot holes? I know why it cost so much too. It takes them a week to DA a car and throw some salt on it. That's a total of half a days work at most. Oh wait, they dinged up the trim, add 10 minutes for that. I sure wouldn't take a car to these idiots.

Edited by Psychographic

I think it's a forward looking design. This is what the majority of the new Camaros will look like in 15 years parked behind the trailer in West Virginia. For the record I am from WV, so I can say such things...

With the huntin' dog chained to the bumper! I've actually seen that. :rolleyes: