Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 2012 Fall New Releases Announced

there are several I know I will pick up, but the Challenger one is a must have, the one I built in the 7th grade didn't survive the attempt to power it with 4 of Revell's sp600 slot motors. Maybe this time I will leave it box stock, jus' for the nostalgia of it all.

Count me in for a "Boothill express" just for something ive never seen!....and maybe another ford aeromax ....maybe they would reissue the race car trailer with it one day?....so i can build an old kit i had waaaaayyyyyyyy back when? :blink:

I thought I read somewhere that the Vandal has an unusual supercharger.Does anyone know what type or brand of supercharger it is?

The supercharger looks like a typical roots type blower, but the scoop and exhaust are typical Tom Daniel unique:

Actually the blower in that kit is very rare as this is the only kit ever to do a Don Hampton Blower in a kit, it's very unusual because of it's 9 ribs on the side, 3 sets of 3 ribs, this blower was hugely poplar on top fuel cars in the 1960' and 1970's and funny cars, I suspect someone will cast that puppy.

post-6461-0-17546100-1339131347_thumb.jp

Actually the blower in that kit is very rare as this is the only kit ever to do a Don Hampton Blower in a kit, it's very unusual because of it's 9 ribs on the side, 3 sets of 3 ribs, this blower was hugely poplar on top fuel cars in the 1960' and 1970's and funny cars, I suspect someone will cast that puppy.

Thanks for the info Jim.

I just checked hamptonblowers.com and there's one of his superchargers on there set up for three four barrel carbs.I don't think I've ever seen that on a real car.I might have to try that on one of my projects.

He builds blowers for any application, from the street to blown fuel hydro drag boats,he used to run a side by side twin engine corvette funny car in the early 1970's.. this is a cool blower!!!, I'll buy the kit only for that..,I don't care about the rest of the kit.

I want to take a look at the Foose kits when we get them in at work, I'm hoping to see some other change along the lines of what had been done to the '64-'65 GM Pickups to lower those as an option. I find it funny that the truck kits didn't sell, yet they seem to have no problems re-issuing those kits yet haven't updated at least the Silverado to the later ('03-'06) nose assembly or at least converted the VTS Ram to a conventional Dodge Ram, neither conversion to the tooling should be all that bad if they can make 3 Versions of the second gen Charger, or a whole basket full of '66-'67 B-Body Mopars, '64.5-'66 and '67-'68 Mustangs, a dozen different '69 Camaros, and a huge selection of Tri-5 Chevys from a few basic kits. Speaking of the Daytona, I'm very happy to see that '69 Daytona come back, I want to do a box flair build with that and a '68 Charger I already have on hand.......just need to get my hands on two Viper ACR kits then too.......

Edited by Joe Handley

'99 Stang is nice to have back again... Moar 4.6 and IRS suspension goods to drool over!

I would explode if they did the '04 SVT Extermator in coupe or convertable form. OR SOMETHING DIFFERENT! But of course, they need to churn out moar rat rod roasters and stale tri-5 coupes for unit sales to make the sales excutives happy.

Joe- i agree that they could/should make some updates to existing kits to give us updated models but when they have to change the whole body, that is where it gets costly. To take the Revell Z-28 and make it into the Yenko required a few changes (wheels, decals, engine) and probably not a big cost versus payback. I suspect that the upcoming 77 GMC truck with the snow plow has been delayed because of the extra tooling they needed to develop.

... I'm hoping to see some other change along the lines of what had been done to the '64-'65 GM Pickups to lower those as an option. I find it funny that the truck kits didn't sell ...

Yet the Fleetside version is relatively hard to find now ...

Strange isn't it?

99 cobra! Wonder if they'll be willing to finallly modify and update that kit. And howabout a convertible already! I LOVE the Challenger 1 kit! Such an awsome tool! And the Foose kits look promising! But I doubt they'll be more than decals and too oversized rims:/

Well, it was issued only once IIRC, about 20 years ago..

Actually Rob it was reissued just a few years ago with the same wheels/ lowered suspension that are in the current stepside offering. That is the kit that I am referring to being fairly hard to find.

The Foose kits have a lot of potential is they are fairly faithful to the renderings. I'd hate to see them be reissues with different wheels and decals. I'll be getting the coronet for sure, specifically for the wheels if they are like the picture. I've got a project they'd be perfect on!

my sentiments exactly.. same here! hell, I might actually build a box stock model if those Foose kits are done well enough!

Actually Rob it was reissued just a few years ago with the same wheels/ lowered suspension that are in the current stepside offering. That is the kit that I am referring to being fairly hard to find.

Hmm...yeah, I remember that now. Forgot that issue.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the US-boxed Revell Germany kits -the Ferrari 599GTO and the 1960s Mini Cooper. It will be interesting to compare that Mini kit with the 1980s-vintage Tamiya kit, which after all these years is still pretty darn good. And the Boot Hill Express is nice ot have back, especially for those who missed it in any one of its reissues over the years. I just wish they COULD reissue the old Uncertain T kit from 1967, though it is common knowledge that the molds no longer exist. If they could clone the Tijuana Taxi, they could clone the Uncertain T!