Model Cars Magazine Forum

Alclad II bottle airbrush adaptor?

Anybody know what bottle adaptor I would need to airbrush Alclad II straight from the bottle?

Or is that not a good idea anyway?

I just checked my bottle of Polished Aluminum and it will accept the small Iwata Big Mouth adapter - just cut the dip tube to appropriate length. I generally don't use this setup because I rarely need that much material to be available at one session; so, a gravity airbrush is what I use.

I made my own by using an old bottle top from a testors jar and a piece of aluminum tube and super glued that to the lid. I then drilled a small hole on the top for a vent hole. I also bent the tube on an angle so it would fit into the air brush. I use this all the time when I need to spray Alclad. I also put in a small beebee to keep the paint mixed when I shake the bottle. Works great for me. :) Dan

Just a suggestion... skip Alclad altogether and get Spaz Stix in a spray can. I have never seen any spray paint come this close to actual chrome plated parts. Is it the same as kit plated parts? Not quite... but 95% there. And so simple and convenient in the spray can. I'm so glad I finally tried it. It's fantastic!

Harry, I'm pretty sure Alclad is available in a pray can, now, too. Either way, if you need to spray that much, spray can might be the way to go. Personally, I've only done one piece large enough to require anything more than the siphon cup (1/4 oz, IIRC) to do, and that was a grille insert for a custom computer case (it was done like a '32 Ford grille).

Just a suggestion... skip Alclad altogether and get Spaz Stix in a spray can. I have never seen any spray paint come this close to actual chrome plated parts. Is it the same as kit plated parts? Not quite... but 95% there. And so simple and convenient in the spray can. I'm so glad I finally tried it. It's fantastic!

I'm with you Harry on this one, Spaz Stix chrome is far superior to Alclad's spray-can and much more durable. B)