Model Cars Magazine Forum

GODS OF MOPAR & GEORGE HURST FORGIVE ME !!!!

41CHEVY

B) I had this idea for awhile, body and interior modified into coupe. The wing and scoop from Revell Charger (both 1/25 ) along with Charger instruments grafted the 300 dash,Charger center dash panel (chrome!) shifter and gate. Final colors are white exterior with gold stripes, gold interior with white trim. What do you all think? Paul 300lft.jpg300frt.jpg300rear.jpg Edited by 41CHEVY

I LIKE IT!!!!!!! A new Chrysler 300-Hurst! Very, very cool!!! Please keep us posted on this one. Did I mention that I REALLY LIKE this idea!?! Ok, just making sure I did!! :D:P

:D

I'll keep all posted as I go. Next step is the OZ/HURST wheels. Paul

Very nice. I really think Chrysler should have either produced a 2 dr version of the 300, and/or done the Charger as a coupe. I did a 2 dr 300 and have started a 2dr Charger, which is only waiting for more free time on my part for it to be finished. I like the "Hurst" idea, the colors should really look good on that car. Keep it going. I want to see more of this one as it moves toward completion.

Thanks all, with the coupe body, the 1970 color scheme works almost perfect. The original pattern mimics the new Charger scoop and the rear spoiler gives the color break of the '70 car. The photo in the other post is the 2005 Hurst / Hot Rod Mag car. It is basicly paint and a white interior with Hurst shift handle , badges and a chip. I am playing with the Ertl '70 Coronet OHC hemi with the modern injection and ignition coil packs. Paul

Here is an update, I redid the scoop... blended it in with a wider flair to make it look lower. Here also is the hemi progress. The block ,heads and rocker covers are from the ertl 1970 Coronet pro street. The bell housing and tranny were cut off and the bell housing, tranny and oil pan from the 300 kit were fitted. The intake plenum and front cover assembly was grafted on. The coil packs were cut from the 300 engine and fitted to Cammer coners. Last the 300 exhaust manifolds were fitted. The accessory belts were white glued onto check for radiator clearance. The fan has to be changed to electric and the inner fenders dimpled 1/16 of an inch. The early style hemi fits prefect!!! Paul 300hood1.jpg300hemirear.jpg300hemifrt2.jpg300hemifrt.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Looks really good!

I'd like to seeone with the sunken rear spoiler that the '70 used. That'd probably cut down on the bulk and 'visual weight' of the trunklid...

:(:huh::rolleyes: Trivia question:What was another name for HURST GOLD?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...