Model Cars Magazine Forum

My first Diorama

javathehut4

Thanks a lot guys, after seeing all the other great Dioramas here these complements are nice to hear. You’d be surprised to see what this started out to be. The more I did, the more I wanted to do. The original idea started out with a base of 12in. sq. it ended up 30in by 24in. when I started looking at a full sheet of plywood, I slapped myself and said, down boy.

I found out I really like doing the ground work. It’s too bad there’s no one around here that likes just building the models. I started another one and will post pictures soon. And to one and all, thanks again.

IMG_0017-1.jpg

IMG_0054-1.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

Guest Gramps-xrds

It looks like you didn't miss a thing. You got it all there. For a first try, you've done a lot better than some ppl have after several tries. That's the trouble with dios, the more you do the more you want to do. I can see only one thing that might be a little off and that's the shingles. They could use some age and the amount of shingle that's exposed it is 5 1/2 to 6 in. on 1:1s

When I started this, I started making scale roof shingles, but very quickly I realized I'm not that much of a masochist. So after looking at other dioramas and seeing I'm not alone in this thought, the shingles got bigger, and I got to keep my sanity. I recently found this stuff that might age the roof easily, will be testing it soon.