Model Cars Magazine Forum

lets build a TiBird concept

kennb

I'm the type who learns most easily by watching then doing, so this is invaluable. I've used a few of these processes to make parts and small sections of bodywork, but seeing them put to use on the scale of an entire car is inspiring.

Fantastic subject, too. I can never get enough of 40's-60's concept cars.

Also, THANK YOU for the link to US Plastics. I would love to try that out. The sheets are huge and one would probably last me a lifetime, but at that price it would be well worth it if the properties make it more viable for forming.

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say I hope to see you continue this thread.

Cheers,

Glu

thanks for letting me know on this. I know I have to get it finished up and now is the time, I dont have far to go on it but still have pictures that need to be posted to bring you up to date and a small review.

SANY1642-1.jpg

SANY1584.jpg

The grill is just a simple bar grill for this one.

SANY1607.jpg

I might stick this in the 1932 chevy I have going but need to redo the headers for it to fit

SANY1658.jpg

KennB

Here is where the main parts are. Most have been through the paint shop. I still have tail lights to make and a few bumpers. They should have been done by now -_- There is a lot of dust on them at this point.

SANY1803.jpg

If you look at the very first photos of the rough prototype, it has been revised and is to the left inthi photo.

I re worked the front and rear. the rear ws totally cut out and reformed.

SANY1808.jpg

SANY1809.jpg

I will be going over the trim and lights for this int he next few days. I lost some of the hubcaps someplace :wacko: So I will have to remake them.

KennB

SANY1804.jpg

SANY1809.jpg

Edited by kennb

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Well someone dug deep in the archives to find this thread, it was started over 3 ½ years ago and the latest pictures were posted 2 ½ years ago, so "much water has run under the bridge" since then. :rolleyes:

He could have rearranged his albums, deleted the pictures or even closed his account with photobucket since then...who knows.

Edited by Force