Model Cars Magazine Forum

collectors choice special edition- 1961 Impalas

MR BIGGS

They did them in brown for us, I never liked the red plastic cause it always bleeded throug most primers and clear. second they where not going to make them anymore, so we had to put in a real big order for them to pop out 5,000 of them. just like the olds cutlass they are doing a 3,000 piece order for us in the lowrider edition. They wanted to bring out the Donk version, but no way would I let that happen. They give us one year of receiving our kit's to sell them before they can put out their own.

Huh? The Lindberg '61 Impalas were molded in white in previous issues....they are molding them in color now?

just like the olds cutless they are doing a 3,000 piece order for us in the lowrider edition. They wanted to bring out the Donk version, but no way would I let that happen. They give us one year of receiving our kit's to sell them before they can put out their own.

So Revell is planning to release both lowrider and Donk versions (or a 2'n'1) of the '87 Olds Cutlass?

So Revell is planning to release both lowrider and Donk versions (or a 2'n'1) of the '87 Olds Cutlass?

They are going to release the Donk if they ever decide too, We are releasing the lowrider one's.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I picked up the black droptop cover car at the MAMA meeting in april, I built one awhile back too. Its been years but if I remember right he original droptop issue had wheels that looked like the ones on the box but they were changed to more of a wire hubcap later on

100_0744.jpg