Model Cars Magazine Forum

If there was one thing about my modeling skills I could improve, it is.....

I need a visit from the model finishing fairy.

I have to agree Tom! I have so many projects in various stages of production... I have tried making punch lists, not starting anything new, ... The biggest challenge at the moment is no place to paint in a small apartment with 4 people and a dog. Too humid outside to paint, no spray booth... Eventually, I will work it out...

David

To coin the old adage and adding a twist ....

I need to learn to lead the horse to water and get him to drink .... If I do , this thread wouldn't exist .

Donn,

I think you have some leads on DVD sales with this thread! LOL :D

In all seriousness though, your DVD is helpful, I just need to slow down and get some patience and my problems will be greatly reduced.

BTW- nice poetry! :P

Donn,

I think you have some leads on DVD sales with this thread! LOL :D

In all seriousness though, your DVD is helpful, I just need to slow down and get some patience and my problems will be greatly reduced.

BTW- nice poetry! :P

You'd think that would be the case ..... Highly unlikely though !

Go back and watch the DVDs and count how many times that I stress the word " Patience ! "

Lmao ! Patience , son , patience !

There are days (and weeks too) when I feel like the joy is in learning. Still learning, and I hope to continue, otherwise I fear boredom. There are so many great builders on this forum, so the bar is set pretty high, but the fun is in moving slowing towards building better models. One model at a time.

If you are starting out, my advice is to hold on to those first couple of models and then compare them to the ones that get built a year later, five, ten--then the journey could truly be appreciated.

Spray painting bodies for sure. I think I was better at it when I was a kid.

I notice a lot of folks listing BMF. I'm old enough to remember the bad old days before BMF existed so even when it kicks my butt I'm grateful I can just peel it off and try again. I can't imagine hand painting the chrome strips on the side of a '40 Ford Tudor again.