Model Cars Magazine Forum

49 Merc with flames

Sixties Sam

Yeah, another Revell 49 Merc. I love this kit - it just falls together, and everything fits! This one is an out of the box build with 60 T-Bird taillights, and painted flames added. I got the kit from Junior (Mercman) in a trade (thanks, Junior!). The flames were done with a flame mask by Lazy Modeller in Australia (got it off eBay). The mask worked great, even with spray can paint! Great product! Colors are Testors Mystic Emerald, with gloss white flames, and just a tiny bit of orange on the end of the flames. After applying the mask, I sprayed on a coat of clear, which prevented any white from running under the mask on door lines, etc. The interior is white and gold. It's not perfect, but I'm pleased with the look. It's shown here on my just completed downtown car show diorama.

7258986434_59656564a0_z.jpg

7258988200_f2be8c867c_z.jpg

7258987254_fd86a5be60_z.jpg

I enjoyed this build, and I hope you like it. Comments welcome.

Sam

That thing is BITCHIN!!!!!

It looks outstanding. the green and white are perfect together. This is one to be proud of...and it looks right at home on the diorama.

That turned out great ! I am working on the same car. You just can't have too many 49 Mercs in my opinion.

cobraman, I couldn't agree more. I have built 2 of them so far and I am working on a 3rd one.