Model Cars Magazine Forum

Johan Superbird & Revell Charger Daytona

Platerpants

Finished them. Remember the Superbird was scrap bodies so its not as clean of a build as the Daytona. Both are Hemis Both have detail master distributors. The Bird may not look as good but im just happy i have a JoHan superbird i hate 1/24 so this 1/25 bird is a great addition. The daytons plate says thing1 and the birds says thing 2.PC090028.jpgPC090029.jpgPC090030.jpgPC090031.jpgPC090032.jpgPC090033.jpgPC090034.jpgPC090027.jpg

Edited by Platerpants

very nice....I too prefer the 1/25th JoHans over the Monograms.

actually I have a three JoHan Superbirds. two of them are WIPs and the other was one that I built for the Service Manager I worked with back in the early 80's. he had a 440+6 4sp Hemi Orange 'bird that was pretty wicked. made the model for him but he left the dealership before I got it done. after 30 years, its in rough shape, but hope to restore it someday.

one of the WIPs is a white one that was started to be a model of the Superbird I passed up in 1974. had a chance to buy it but decided as a 19 year old kid, couldn't afford the gas, let alone the insurance. the other WIP is a model of Dan Gurney's #42 Superbird he drove at Riverside.

also a WIP is a green Daytona. one of these days........

Edited by Honda446

Cool job!

Nick: Yes, all Superbirds had vinyl tops.

Nice builds! I thought that all Superbirds came from the factory with vinyl tops, no?

you are both correct i didnt like the look of the vinyl tops so i went with body color. i was actually considering the vinyl top, but this looks better this way.

• 3 weeks later...

I am glad to see the fine job you did on these . They look right except for the Vinyl Roof is missing<br />from the 'Bird . You did make it as you would want one . The triangles on the Tulip Panel and the Vinyl<br />Roof were necessary on the Street Versions (new at the Dealership) to make the roof work on this RR Body . Without the Vinyl covering ; let's just say : " God made only so many perfect heads on men . The rest , he covered with hair ." This build is far superior than what I had in a box for 20+ years . Super<br />comparison and resurrection . Thanx ..