Model Cars Magazine Forum

El Camino Abomination

I'd consider buying that to replace my '72 Chevy truck. Could probably replace one of my Camaro's with it too at the same time.

Seems like a win/win.

You know..., you can like the older stuff and the newer stuff at the same time, each is not exclusive of the other. I like my OLD Camaro as much as my NEW Corvette...

I'd consider buying that to replace my '72 Chevy truck. Could probably replace one of my Camaro's with it too at the same time.

Seems like a win/win.

You know..., you can like the older stuff and the newer stuff at the same time, each is not exclusive of the other. I like my OLD Camaro as much as my NEW Corvette...

Good point, but that will be lost around here, I like older vehicles, dont get me wrong about that, but like you said, one can like more the just one era from the automobile world.

For daily drivers, I want something from the last 15 years, but it would still be nice to take a classic out on the weekends

It's not a Photoshop, it's the G8 Sport Truck concept from a few years back. GM axed Pontiac before it went into production. I have heard rumors it still may see production as a Chevrolet once the Caprice/SS goes into production.

I heard the rumors too, but figured it was dead when Pontiac was axed, I can see GM using the Chevy brand here to test waters with the new 2013 SS goes into production , but the GTO didnt do to well, but that I think is different story

I like it, a lot. It's not like the new Toyota Camry, a lousy Hyundai or another bland soul less econo box. Even though its an older design, it is much better than the average beige sedan.

Something tells me that in the early 1970's there were guys that complained about the new Chevrolet Impala not looking as good as the 1935 Chevrolet.

GM should really figure out why they have 250k unsold trucks before bringing another one into the mix. Youre doing something wrong as a car company when people would rather buy a Ford,Ram, or Toyota over a Chevy truck.

I know why people buy the latter being a former gm truck owner.

would rather have the Aussie El Camino over is South American equivalent

2011-chevrolet-montana00-1285966417.jpg

Edited by Lownslow