Model Cars Magazine Forum

10.5 tire outlaw Twin Turbo Mustang BACK TO WORK ! :)

You're really moving on this project, considering you started posting less than 2 weeks ago. It's nice to see your 'rough' work turn into finished work. I can appreciate the effort and like to watch the progress you're capturing. Also like the new camera.

Thank you so much for you words of encouragement. I appreciate your time and your comments on my project. I have been working like a mad man. Been using as much time as I have available lately for this build. Your comments and your builds inspire me daily to try new things and keep at the build. Thanks Again NICK....

OK UPDATE: I hope your not all mad at me. I made the decision to go ahead and rebuild the chassis. It wasn't square and to be honest I really was rushing when I put it together. It looked OK but I know I can do better. The second reason is I have been taking my time and building some really good pieces to go in such as the fabricated rear end the new bruno style trans. basically all of the components are coming out so good it didn't feel right to put all of these parts that show my best work into something that was half A%$. I hate to go backwards but the build and parts going into it all are deserving my best. It shouldn't take to long I have had some decent time to put into this project and will get the chassis done pretty soon. Ill have pictures up hopefully tonight. Let me know what you think I hope you all understand my thoughts on doing this.

Thanks As Always for looking!! Nick

Finally got a chance to get something worth sharing done. I decided to go ahead and make a whole new intake manifold. I think this one, like the updated chassis will suite the entire build better. Hope it meets your high standards :D Let me know what you all think. Thanks for looking... Nick

DSC03603.jpg

DSC03602.jpg

DSC03604.jpg

DSC03606.jpg

Sorry again for the slow progress the last few days.

Edited by nitrousnick4710

A few progress pictures for everyone. This is the new chassis finally getting there. Put the rear body on and the intake and block so you can see where I'm going with this. I want to get the headers in place soon and start plumbing the hot and cold side piping. Then this car will finally be looking like something special. ;) Let me know how its coming. Hope everyone likes. Thanks for looking... Nick

DSC03607.jpg

DSC03608.jpg

DSC03610.jpg

DSC03609.jpg

This intake looks much better - good decision to do it again.

I like the jack stands. Did you make them?

Thank you for the awesome comments!!! EVERYONE! I appreciate them all, keeps me working. :D Yeah made the jack stands to get the whole thing up in the air a little bit for pictures. Before I get the suspension on it. Also when I'm building the suspension it will be easier to show the process. Just some old tubing and a little styrene, I'm glade you like them.

First,

QUESTION?? I've been wondering. I know a few people I know running true 1:1 twin / single turbo "outlaw" style cars are implementing 16 injectors. So the question is this: eight fuel injectors, or sixteen? I'm leaning towards two fuel rails on each side, each rail supplying 4 injectors to make a total of sixteen injectors. Sound good? or just stick with 8? Probably not a big deal just more of a what would you do? Thanks for you input.

Second,

I really do appreciate all of your time following this build. It means more than all of you know. This build and all of your great support are helping me get through a few less than perfect personal issues. Don't mean to sound lame, I just want everyone to know how much You All are helping. Inspiration comes in many ways around here. Thanks again.. And promise no more rambling.... :D Nick

Dude build is looking killer and that intake is outstanding. 8 or 16 it's up to what you want, me I would go 16 if my hands weren't shaking that day lol.

I have to agree with Robert, the build looks killer and I think that second try at your chassis you knocked it out of the PARK! Great execution. I have to totally agree, build the car how you would build it if you had the money available now and it was a 1:1. If you are running up against these guys and seeing it done, and it would be something you would run... Why that Heck not!?

Nick, you have taken a giant leap forward with the new chassis and motor inlet. B) Great work mate.

As for the dilemma regarding injectors.... ^_^

I'd stick to 8. Now, I say this only as an "ease of installation" point of view. Being 1/24-25 scale, it's going to get awfully crowded in there with 16.

Totally up to you though. Just remember, sometimes just enough detail is all you need. ;)

Build on mate.