Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius International LoneStar

James,

I was lucky to build an early test-shot for ModelCars magazine last fall. The kit had a couple of issues that were in the process of being fixed before the production run. If you look at my early version you will note it has no nameplate engraving and John's kit has the LoneStar engraving on the doors. Moebius was very careful with detail and correctness. The only fitment issue I had was the firewall (I had no instructions to build with) so I had to guess - and had to reposition the firewall. This is not a kit problem - rather a builder problem - not being familiar with the part location. The other issue was the tiny chicken light lenses that my tweezers wouldn't hold on to and my eyesight didn't want to focus on (that's a real complaint - but one no model company can fix :)

Everything else fit the first time. Even though I always say "test fit test fit test fit", this kit fits.

You will not be disappointed.

Tim

Lonestar early test-shot

Ok so I do have a question about this kit if someone in here will be able to answer.

I am wondering about the general fitment of the parts on this kit. For example we have all built a kit from AMT Ertl and well the general quality kinda sucks to say the least compared to an Italeri or revell product, so if soemone has an idea on that it would be greatly appreciated, and I cant wait until this kit goes on sale because it looks like a really fun build.

James

DSCF2605-vi.jpg

This is the only thing in all the threads on the Lonestar so far that I don't care for. I wish that Moebius would have not molded the "chicken lights" to the body and made the individual surrounds separately. Not only would you have the bases to use with the lenses for other trucks if you didn't want them on the Lonestar, but the bases would be nicer chromed rather than having to BMF them all!

Good question. Short answer - It's easier to build and with better fit than any other heavy truck kt I've ever built and I've tried at least one from everyone (AMT, Revell, Revell AG and Italeri).

NOTHING sucks on this kit. NOTHING.

James,

I was lucky to build an early test-shot for ModelCars magazine last fall. The kit had a couple of issues that were in the process of being fixed before the production run. If you look at my early version you will note it has no nameplate engraving and John's kit has the LoneStar engraving on the doors. Moebius was very careful with detail and correctness. The only fitment issue I had was the firewall (I had no instructions to build with) so I had to guess - and had to reposition the firewall. This is not a kit problem - rather a builder problem - not being familiar with the part location. The other issue was the tiny chicken light lenses that my tweezers wouldn't hold on to and my eyesight didn't want to focus on (that's a real complaint - but one no model company can fix B)

Everything else fit the first time. Even though I always say "test fit test fit test fit", this kit fits.

You will not be disappointed.

Tim

Lonestar early test-shot

Well thank you for answering my question guys, I think you have re-assured me on this kit and well I will sit and wait patiently (not really patient) and hopfully soone rthan later

I will be able to get a hold of this kit.

P.S Great job Tim on that build I have been staring at the pics here for a bit now and am very impressed.

The detail the Moebius molded into this kit is just amazing. I really hope I can do it justice.

It's making me want to rethink taking the saw to one to stretch the frame and make a heavy hauler out of one! B)