Model Cars Magazine Forum

Need copper panit recommendations

I don't have a vast backlog of using different brands of copper paint, so I'm asking all of you that have tried various copper paints to recommend what brand would simulate the look of copper pipe, such as in your house. This has a definite metallic look and I'm leaning toward trying some Alclad Copper, although this is not one of their high reflective paints.

This IS going to be actual copper piping, but think "rat rod intake piping" if you can't figure where the heck copper pipe is on an automobile! :lol:

All suggestions will be welcome!

Hey Mike,

I was trying to use copper as well, got one of the little Testor bottles, the copper has a very distinctive pinkish tint to it, didn't come out like I thought it should, very disappointing. Seems like the flat brass looks more copper, going to try to mix them and see results, will keep you posted. I had read somewhere about weathering with salt water after the paint dries to give it a touch of the green sheen, but never tried it.

Also, Testor's has a downloadable catalog you can save in your computer if you ever need it, pretty accurate in my humble opinion. Hope this helps. a bit.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...