Model Cars Magazine Forum

Some really Sweet turbos from Shucky

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone, first ... thanks to all those who have purchased resin turbo's and misc. parts from me. Very much appreciated.

Just a notice to all - I'm not accepting any turbo orders or misc. part orders for the next two weeks. I will begin accepting new orders on Monday 10/11/10. If you have a pending order, it will ship in the next couple days. Thanks as always.

New product coming soon will be resin centrifugal superchargers in multiple sizes.

just wanted to say that I ordered some resin turbos and they are my first resin items that I've ever bought, I love them! He also sent me some extra goodies and the details look great, very, very minimal clean up involved! I will definitely be buying more sometime! Thanks again Mike! B)

Edited by MB_ChargerChick

• 3 weeks later...

how are the superchargers coming along?

Well, the reason for the 2 week off period was because I was travelling with the wife. Then when I returned I got sick. Sooooo .... I'm better now and back in the groove. The s/c's are next on the list. Be patient for the next few weeks and when they are ready I'll post an update. Thanks for following along! :angry:

I'm with you ;). I am getting ready to use a turbo,once I stop drooling over it. :P

BTW does anyone have any reference pictures.

Specifically where they mount to the headers? If that is where they mount. B)

I will say this: No matter the prototype, I will definately look into these. I just got some of Mikes turbos, and knowing the centrifugals will be just as nice has me saving up to order a few of them!

Greg no prob! Here are a few that may help.

Big block twin turbo. Show mounted on standard 4 bolt flange. The little pipe poking out on each header is where the external wastegates will be mounted.

572bb01.jpg

Here is another twin turbo on the dyno. Here you can see some configurations for the intercooler piping, etc. Your intercooler piping (if you use an intercooler) will be routed however necessary based upon your application/vehicle/fitment. You can use this though as reference to WHERE the connections are properly made.

ccrp_0601_01_ztwin_turbo_small_block_chevy_engine.jpg

Non intercooled twin turbo small block illustration. This engine has "log" type exhaust mani's not tubular headers. You can see the piping on the cold side of the turbos gets routed straight into the intake on the engine since no intercooler is present. Also, towards the bottom on each side you can see the external wastegates poking out. These are mounted on smaller diameter tubing with small flange off each exhaust mani/header.

turbo-chevy-mat-3.jpg

turbo-chevy-8.jpg

turbo-chevy-3.jpg

Hope these help! Take care, Mike

Edited by shucky

• 2 weeks later...

All, just FYI for those who were watching this thread for updates on the superchargers ... I just posted pics in the "work in progress" section of my finished master. I will be working on getting this in rubber shortly and there will be an official announcement made here in the resin section when they are available. Thanks guys for your patience! Really appreciate it and your interest.