Model Cars Magazine Forum

New drag 1/24th-1/25th photo etch parts

I received a cool looking set of PE parts from the etcher recently. There are clutch/brake/accelerator pedal assemblies, gusset and chassis tab sets, ring and latch detail for my 4-gallon upright fuel cell, hand brake/door handle/chute lever sets. I designed a PE snorkel top for my Fairmont hood that turned out really nice, and there are also Pro Stick/Quarter Stick levers and consoles. I'm not happy with the console cover (not shown), which needs some redesign. The next round of consoles will not have the pin hole (the lever pivot will be completely hiden inside the console), but they're available also. If you're interested in anything, let me know. Scott

NewPEstuffforeBay002.jpg

NewPEstuffforeBay003.jpg

NewPEstuffforeBay004.jpg

Fuel_cell_w_PE_detail.jpg

BMProStick.jpg

pro_stock_snorkel2.jpg

pro_stock_snorkel1.jpg

Thanks for your compliment, Roger. I appreciate it!

Derrick, I hope they're something that will appeal to the drag/hot street crowd. Hopefully more still will be coming down the pike.

Dom, thanks for the good words. I like it too. It needs some refinement, but then I'm a perfectionist when it comes to a lot of this stuff and it drives me nuts! :-) As far as the Fairmont is concerned, it's been a long, long-term project of mine. I actually mastered the original body several years ago. It's gone through fixes, iterations, some damaged masters that had to be rebuilt, etc., etc. (and I'm a slow worker and get side-tracked easily) I am hoping to have them available before too much longer with some different hood choices, including flat, vintage 70s-80s boundary layer snorkel-style, such as shown in the pics, and a monster cowl hood. I'm reworking the floor pan so it's more authentic to a 1980-ish vintage pro stocker, i.e., proper location for main hoop,etc. I've also developed a whole series of add-on sub assembly parts packages, such as multi-media strut front end, multi-media narrowed 9-inch rear end, PE 4-link bracket kits with bars and formed wire rod ends, PE Lenco lever sets, along with a few other parts and pieces. I'm also working on getting dimensionally correct 14x32 drag slicks made, set up for the smaller 15-inch style wheel and crowned Cragar Super Tricks of that vintage.

Chris, see above for answers to some of your questions. I have a skeleton website posted, but I haven't gotten much in the way of "guts" published yet. I work full-time and have concerns about opening the door and having little control over orders. I've been selling on eBay with good success, but I'm really wanting to expand. Pics of other parts I have include:

Lenco levers, mount, spacers:

Lenco_lever_kit.jpg

Revell top sportsman retrofit PE 4-link kit (20 main pcs):

Revell4-link005.jpg

Pro Mod PE 4-link kit (20 main pcs):

ProMod4-LinkKit001.jpg

Multi-media (40 pc) strut front end kit (going through some changes with this):

StrutKit004.jpg

Narrowed/braced 9-inch Ford with PE caliper brackets and rotors and resin brake details (16 pcs):

9-InchKit003.jpg

Holley Dominator w/booster detail set (most are cast in white resin, but the pic Dominators are aluminum metallic powder-coated) :

Dominators-Alum.jpg

351C Pro stock engine w/Lenco trans (30 pcs):

351CProStockEnginePartsSpread.jpg

Assembled (current version doesn't come with motor plate)

351CPSAssembled12hi481x641.jpg

That covers most of the main kits I'm offering. Scott

Edited by Casey

I think one of those 4 link brackets will be on order shortly. I'm doing a outlaw 10.5 car and have been looking for a nice PE 4 link setup.

If its an option, please do a stock tub/chassis for the Fairmont. I know a few guys who would snatch it up if it had that.

Bart - thanks for explaining about the Fairmont. Lord willing, it will be available again soon in its current configuration...

Chris, I forgot to address your question about 1/16th stuff. I would entertain that plan at some point. I feel like I've got so many irons in the fire right at the moment it probably won't happen super-soon, but I've given it some thought - and will continue to do so.

Dom - the current body is a pro stock version with stretched, stock heigh rear wheel well openings, narrowed, blended bumpers, no fuel filler door and the extended hood (cowl incorporated into the rear of the hood). I do intend to do a stock body version that will probably use the AMT/Ertl Fox Mustang as a donor. I can't even begin to offer a time frame for that, but yours isn't the first comment I've heard about the need for a "stock" car. SP

Chris, I forgot to address your question about 1/16th stuff. I would entertain that plan at some point. I feel like I've got so many irons in the fire right at the moment it probably won't happen super-soon, but I've given it some thought - and will continue to do so.

Hey Scott... no worries I just had to ask the question on the 1/16 stuff. I totally understand having alot of other things going on. I need to shoot you a pm of some items I would like to get from you. i have been super swamped with work so not when I will get the list to you but I will. thanks again.

Hey Mike (and Chris),

As you know Chris has already made the inquiry. For sake of conversation, what kinds of stuff do you guys have an interest in having made? The hand brake and lever set would obviously be one for the fuel cars, and rotors would/could be another for anything 1/16th, throttle linkage, etc. If/when I get into this, I'd like some good profile images of what you'd want them to look like.

1/16 PE stuff would definitely be cool, only problem would be the thickness. You have to back everything with styrene. Easier to buy the parts, scan in and scale them up and cut them out of Aluminum yourself. Then use the original parts for your smaller builds.

Thickness may or may not be a problem, depending on the part. The PE folks I'm working with can get material all the way up to ~.060", so in theory, something all the way up to 1" in 1:1 could be produced. Food for thought...