Model Cars Magazine Forum

daily driver weathering

I plan on doing a shop truck and would like to to try out a little weathering. I'm going for a daily driver look a truck that's used hard everyday but is well taken care of. just simple stuff I guess. What would I need, and how do I go about weathering?

Harold, with weathering you can go from mild to wild in one fell swoop of the airbrush or rattlecan. Subtle is always better!

Also, the little details go a long ways . . . a torn seat, oily engine, some dust, some rust streaks . . . etc., etc., etc., just have fun and enjoy the process.

A very good place to start would be to have camera in hand, look for "weathered" vehicles. Take the time to see just how road grime gets on a car or pickup, With winter coming in another 6-8 weeks in the northern states of the US, such observations should be easy to make,

Art

Sometimes it's the little details that will make it a good candidate. A torn seat, a little fogged paint around the inside of the windshield. A change in panel color . . .say a panel done in primer, etc . . . but yes, your best bet is to drive around with your camera, like Art suggests, and take photos of real ones you see.