Model Cars Magazine Forum

For the past 12 years I've been a City Letter Carrier for the US Postal Service (which means I'm still a newbie. Lol). I'm also a Drivers Safety Instructor, On the job instructor and A classroom instructor. All of which means usually only Sundays off with mostly 10hr days. I have a route in a nice neighborhood (mostly) and I walk 13 miles a day rain or shine in sunny central California. ?

I'm a retired union sheet metal worker and have worked on residential "tract" homes, custom homes, hotels, Navy barracks, class rooms, and housing, banks, the Federal Reserve Bank, office buildings, churches, schools, strip malls, high end stores, restaurants, convention centers, landmarks, an opera house,factories, hospitals, and a nuclear power plant doing heating, ventilating, and A/C work. I'm sure I left out a few places also. A lot of my work was outside no matter what the temps were, may they be hot or freezing. Since I retired the construction trades have taken quite a "dive" and I happy I got out when I did.

Dedicated Wal*Mart Grocery Distribution Driver. 18 Wheels of Meat & Produce (along with Frozen/Dairy/Deli and the occasional dry freight load) delivering out to 212 W.M.s and 49 Sam's Clubs across Central/SW Pennsylvania, the, Lower Tier of NY, every store in MD from Baltimore-West, North Central W.V., and D.C. & Richmond Metros and I-81 Corridor in VA.

Logged 1.5 Million safe miles since I started driving in '98.

Let's see...

Right now I substitute-teach- needed to do something to make some money; this is my main source of income right now.

I'm also a trained paralegal, a licensed real estate salesman and do other pick-up work.

Long-term, I'm planning on moving into teaching college after I finish up the bulk of my grad work- start adjuncting and work my way in from there.

As some of you also know, I plan to start to my own model company; I'm hoping I can start that moving really forward in 2013. The plans are on paper, I'm just looking for some support businesses and some capital to do it.

Charlie Larkin

Art director for an outdoor advertising company. I'm one of three artists doing concepting, design and layout for billboards for all of North Dakota, Northwest Minnesota and Southern New Mexico. First career was 13-years in electronic media which included beat reporter, morning radio, jocking and five years as television news producer, producing two newscasts a day and associate producing one more. Ed Schultz, now of MSNBC's "The Ed Show" was my boss for a time.

I'm a fire captain for the US Forest Service, this is my 20th year as a firefighter. I've also worked for the National Park Service, and Department of Defense.

This is my engine back in August.

426609_307030666061947_355419267_n.jpg

Hey Eric we may have bumped into each other at some point.

Edited by Aaronw

l started as a midas brake man an installer, managed a gas station for a few years last 11 l warked as a quality inspector at a chain factory. Worked 8 years with multiple sclerosis and 3 after l was told to retire. l build models when l feel good thats my day job now...

I'm a self employed cabinet maker for 36 years now. I started a BBQ spice company 5 years ago. I started doing catering jobs and competition cookoffs 3 years ago and I'm now looking to open a restaurant in a year or two. God willing I'll trade the first three for the last one some day.

What a great thread! I cant believe no one thought of this before! I am a cabinet finisher, have been for 26 years, I have been in the woodworking industry since the year after I graduated high school, 33 years ago now.

Edited by midnightprowler

Race photographer and copywriter. Up until a year or two ago I wrote copy for a high performance parts web site similar to Summit and Jegs. Now I work free-lance from home writing web site copy. I'm also the official photographer for the UARA-STARS late model race series. This is a touring race series that holds races all over Tennessee, Virginia, North and South Carolina.

http://www.motorsportsphoto.com/

http://www.uara-stars.com/

Retired British Armed Forces, had a really bad motorcycle accident in '97, spent the next 12months in hospital and 2yrs great rehab in the Armed Forces Rehab Centre and was medically discharged in '00, sadly not been able to work since, and have also been fighting the big 'C' since '06...