Model Cars Magazine Forum

Corvette Z06

voljeepx

This is the Jada '06 Corvette Z06, and I have to say it was great fun to build this car! The kit itself is a little unrealistic on the dimensions side, but builds up very nice. Paint is Tamiya TS14 and the interior was done in Testors grey and black. Carbon fiber details and flocking on the carpet are the only additions to this otherwise box stock model. Thanks to Dave for the thread on paint finishing, it worked out great! Enough talk, let's take a look! C&C always welcome!

000_0036.jpg

000_0038.jpg

000_0039.jpg

000_0040.jpg

000_0041.jpg

000_0042.jpg

000_0043.jpg

000_0045.jpg

000_0046.jpg

000_0047.jpg

Nice job on the paint! I read the thread your speaking of about painting, lots discussed there. What was your secret

(method) on this one? It looks fabulous!

Hey Mike, Thanks for the compliments! Basically I changed to Dupli Color primer and that made my prep work alot easier. Followed that up with some sanding and then I shot the Tamiya out of warmed, new cans. Came out real smooth on each layer and when it came time to polish, it was almost not necessary. Followed that up with Scratch-x and some wax, and you see what I got here! By the way, there is no clear on this car, I think you get a more "blacker" finish without it! Thanks again and good luck on your builds! Ed

• 2 weeks later...