Model Cars Magazine Forum

How many model A Ford kits are there ?

you missed at least one. Monogram released the cabriolet from the original 60's 1930 coupe/cabriolet kit as a stand-alone kit. that is why the 30 coupe kit has no fender well pockets for the side mount spare tires anymore. they tooled up a new set of fenders when they split the kit in two.

Given the number of body styles there are not nearly enough Model A kits out there….. Need a repp of 28/29 sedan, need 28/29 coupe, need a 30/31 Closed cab pick-up. I need a 31 slant windshield Town Sedan to build a model of my Model A. I could go on….. :blink::lol:

That's a 1932Ford, Jon. It's a Model B (4 cylinder) or Model V8 (flathead V8), not a Model A.

From what I just read the Model B was the 4 cylinder version and the Model 18 (Ford V8-8) was the V8 version of the Model B

As far as I am concerned it is in the same grouping as the Model A . The Model 18 had a larger more powerful engine and longer wheelbase

Model A, Model B, yeah they all look alike. :blink:

113_0310_08z%2B1928_ford_model_a%2Bside_7454023350_4521ab0084_z.jpg Two totally different cars, nothing interchanges ( yeah, I know, never say nothing :rolleyes: ) Different body, different chassis, different, different, different. :huh:

Edited by Greg Myers

Explain "grouping" .

group·ing [groo-ping] Show IPA
noun
an act or process of placing in groups.
a set or arrangement of persons or things in a group.
Origin:

1740–50; See group, -ing1 , -ing2

Dictionary.com Unabridged
group [groop] Show IPA

noun

any collection or assemblage of persons or things; cluster; aggregation: a group of protesters; a remarkable group of paintings.
a number of persons or things ranged or considered together as being related in some way.
As in "a group of similar body styling"
While I am at it , I will add in my opinion the Model A other than the roof line look very similar

I also noted that many Model A hot rods use the model b style radiator housing

I did not say they were the same put feel free to post pictures and point out the differences

Edited by Jon Haigwood

This thread is about Model "A" Ford kits. A group that falls within these years 1928-1931, not to be confused with Fords that came after this.

The Model "B" ( four cylinder version of the model 18, by the way a term not used by Ford) built only one year 1932.

The model "C" ( another term not used by Ford) being of the year 1933.

Sorry no model "D" ;)