Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moonshine still in 1:25 scale

Nick Winter

I recently started to build a diorama of a moonshine still so here's what I've done I built the base and started the main porsion of the still, I also started in on a stump with a scratchbuild axe on it. I'm sanding the main still as we speak.

Moonshinestillin1-25scale003.jpg

Moonshinestillin1-25scale005.jpg

Moonshinestillin1-25scale004.jpg

Moonshinestillin1-25scale002.jpg

Moonshinestillin1-25scale001.jpg

Edited by Dukefan69'

ut oh ... Dukefan69' goes to the top of the FBI Most Wanted List ...

:D looking good. that stump is awesome

Being from Canada, you DO know you need a good 39 Ford with some "gears" for this??

... oops, sorry .. that's Ontario .. Southern Canada . nm

Edited by Foxer

ut oh ... Dukefan69' goes to the top of the FBI Most Wanted List ...

:D looking good. that stump is awesome

Being from Canada, you DO know you need a good 39 Ford with some "gears" for this??

... oops, sorry .. that's Ontario .. Southern Canada . nm

:rolleyes: Yeah I guess, if you don't mind me asking, why do you ask.

Not that I would know anything about such shenanigens but I've got some comments and questions.

1-I hope, for you customer's safety, that is NOT an old water heater that you are cooking your mash in.

2- That "worm" should be copper, not sure what kind of tubing it is here.

4-I don't know about using an old '55 gallon drum for a catch tank. See #1 above.

5-What purpose does the wood between the worm and the drum serve?

And finally, there is NO WAY you should leave such a "Revenuer friendly tool" like and AX that close to a still! Make'em bring their own! LOL

:lol: Yeah I guess, if you don't mind me asking, why do you ask.

Was just referring to a getaway car form the Revenuers ;):rolleyes:;)

the ol' Southern boys here can probably relate some personal stories related to this matter ...

Edited by Foxer

Not that I would know anything about such shenanigens but I've got some comments and questions.

1-I hope, for you customer's safety, that is NOT an old water heater that you are cooking your mash in.

2- That "worm" should be copper, not sure what kind of tubing it is here.

4-I don't know about using an old '55 gallon drum for a catch tank. See #1 above.

5-What purpose does the wood between the worm and the drum serve?

And finally, there is NO WAY you should leave such a "Revenuer friendly tool" like and AX that close to a still! Make'em bring their own! LOL

1-No it's a new water heater.

2-It will be copper.

3- Is non-existant

4- It's all I had in 1;25 scale.

5- It's a pipe. The axe is to chop wood for the fire underneath the water heater.

Was just referring to a getaway car form the Revenuers :lol: :lol: :huh:

the ol' Southern boys here can probably relate some personal stories related to this matter ...

Ok I catch your drift now.

More builds pics and progress coming soon so stay tuned..................................

Edited by Dukefan69'

now, THAT is realistic wood! That oak bark is a fantastic decal application. Not using a setting solution was brilliant!!! And, how on earth did you get all those end decals with different number of rings? ;):lol::P

That REALLY is a nice stacking job .. looks very good. :)

now, THAT is realistic wood! That oak bark is a fantastic decal application. Not using a setting solution was brilliant!!! And, how on earth did you get all those end decals with different number of rings? ;):lol::P

That REALLY is a nice stacking job .. looks very good. :)

Tommorow's leave bag day and I was helping my dad clean up and there were a bunch of branches that fell so I chopped up a bunch. LOL though.

I found some more stuff today, see I've been planning tjhis build for a year or two so i have pretty much everything laying around, I started to paint the moonshine bottles and remembered that I have a real moonshine bottle, so I dug it out below is how it looks I'm going to use the same paint scheme as it. By the way it's maple.

moonshinestill1008.jpg

Side byside with a 1/25 scale corvette.

moonshinestill1007.jpg

moonshinestill1006.jpg

moonshinestill1005.jpg

moonshinestill1004.jpg

moonshinestill1003.jpg

Edited by Dukefan69'

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Shaping up pretty good there. Can't wait to see what kinda car you're gonna back up there to fill up. Speaking of that sort of thing, not that I would know anything about it, look what Junior Johnson (yep, that Junior Johnson) sent me this past weekend by a mutual friend.

moon004-1.jpg

Seems they had been sitting around bench racing and when my friend mentioned me and told Junior that I had sent him a little something. He told me that Junior remembered me although the last time we talked was several years ago when we had done some dealing on a model kit that ERTL was thinking about coming out with. They visited for a while and when he got ready to go he told my friend that he had something to send me.

I was shocked when I found out that he had sent me a couple of autographed 1/2 scale car hoods and some of all three of his own personal recipe 'shine products, after all, I had only sent him a picture disc with a couple thousand pics of some of my model based projects like magazine covers and trading cards using my old stock car models (including his '63 Chevy, '65 Ford and the Monte Carlos he raced with Bobby Allison and Neil Bonnett as drivers). Them old racers and mountain people sure are hard to beat!

Shaping up pretty good there. Can't wait to see what kinda car you're gonna back up there to fill up. Speaking of that sort of thing, not that I would know anything about it, look what Junior Johnson (yep, that Junior Johnson) sent me this past weekend by a mutual friend.

moon004-1.jpg

Seems they had been sitting around bench racing and when my friend mentioned me and told Junior that I had sent him a little something. He told me that Junior remembered me although the last time we talked was several years ago when we had done some dealing on a model kit that ERTL was thinking about coming out with. They visited for a while and when he got ready to go he told my friend that he had something to send me.

I was shocked when I found out that he had sent me a couple of autographed 1/2 scale car hoods and some of all three of his own personal recipe 'shine products, after all, I had only sent him a picture disc with a couple thousand pics of some of my model based projects like magazine covers and trading cards using my old stock car models (including his '63 Chevy, '65 Ford and the Monte Carlos he raced with Bobby Allison and Neil Bonnett as drivers). Them old racers and mountain people sure are hard to beat!

Now Luke don't drink it all in one night otherwise you might go blind for aleast two days :rolleyes: . Also watch how much you drink at a time and don't drink near a fire I'd hate to see you explode. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

moon004-1.jpg

looks like some good old american gut rot(way better then vodka)But that is only for demonstration purposes only right(the men in black kinda watch the net)

Tommorow's leave bag day and I was helping my dad clean up and there were a bunch of branches that fell so I chopped up a bunch. LOL though.

I found some more stuff today, see I've been planning tjhis build for a year or two so i have pretty much everything laying around, I started to paint the moonshine bottles and remembered that I have a real moonshine bottle, so I dug it out below is how it looks I'm going to use the same paint scheme as it. By the way it's maple.

moonshinestill1008.jpg

Side byside with a 1/25 scale corvette.

moonshinestill1007.jpg

moonshinestill1006.jpg

moonshinestill1005.jpg

moonshinestill1004.jpg

moonshinestill1003.jpg

I think I'd go with a clear jug. That's what most shine runners use, but don't ask me how I know it. And you could put water or the real stuff in a clear jug depending on how realistic you want to get with it. lol.

• 2 weeks later...
I think I'd go with a clear jug. That's what most shine runners use, but don't ask me how I know it. And you could put water or the real stuff in a clear jug depending on how realistic you want to get with it. lol.

Well the ones I have are molded in tan plastic.

Guess being from north of the Mason Dixon y'all ain't never seen a real moonshine jug ?

DDLottGudger.jpghillbillygrandpa.jpg

Actually I have had a couple real moonshine bottles and they seem to very from brown, tan, black and clear but I'm hoping to cast it then pour it in clear resin.