Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 Revell '90 Mustang LX 5.0 2'n1 Special Edition

Casey

Same here, Mike. Just touching on some of the smaller things about the cars.

Your tire swap on the Ponies is a perfect example of what I was saying about the scale fidelity issue on the Revell 1/24th Pony Wheels. They are quite accurate for 1/25th scale and with a tire change I see them being used a lot with the Coupe kit.

Rob, my 91 has a lot of 'inconsistencies' involved with it too (or at least it did with its' first and second owners). Then again, my GT is a base model GT with NO options, so that might have something to do with the discrepancies.

Edited by whale392

• 2 weeks later...

This is awesome news for a builder like me that missed the boat on the resin Fox-body notchbacks. Can't wait to get this kit on the build schedule in CHP colors. Mahalo, dude, for breaking the news!

CHP, NHP, MSHP, FHP, MSP, AZDPS, TXDPS, and a whole buncha letters of the alphabet!

G

CHP, NHP, MSHP, FHP, MSP, AZDPS, TXDPS, and a whole buncha letters of the alphabet!

G

Without sourcing dozens of steering wheels to backdate the interior (prior to '90 there was no airbag), there are 33 State/Federal agencies that are known to have run '90-'93 SSP Mustangs.

• 3 weeks later...

so nice, i have lots of US cop car books (my fave is a 79 Camaro, 12 used by CHP, read all about em. i made it from the revell T bar kit, had to change and scrach so much new interior...)

Again, as soon as this is out in the US, PLEASE let me know and take some fotos..... :-)

• 2 weeks later...

The Mustang LX 5.0 has had a cult following for over 25 years now and never been kitted before (though several resin kits have come and gone). This kit should have interest amongst replica stock, police car, and drag car builders...I just hope Revell has cleaned up some of the issues that were seen w/ the first shots from last year.....

Edited by Rob Hall

Awesome car, will be an awesome model, but man those kit decals are horrible....its OK though, I've got lots to put on em....

Jeff

Yeah, that is a pretty poor representation of a CHP Mustang. As long as the rest of the kit doesn't fall victim to sloppy research it will be nice to have. CHP decals are pretty easy to source and the other mistakes (light bar, red / blue grill lights) are simply fixed by just not using them.

I'm looking forward to this kit.

Timing huh? I have FOXes in the shop EVERY day. Then I come home to 3 in my garage.

It will be quite interesting to see how this kit stacks up to the 1:1 cars.

Around here foxes have dried up, and what is available goes to Da Silva or to the scrapyard because it's a rot box.

Nick