Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rat Fink Reunion

This past weekend I attended the 4th annual Rat Fink Reunion in Manti, Utah. That's where Ed "Big Daddy" Roth lived for the last 15 or so years of his life. I've been able to go to 3 of the 4 events and they've all been kool in their own way.

This year was by far the biggest, mainly because the Corvette Club of Utah had just about every late-model Vette in the state in attendance. So many that most of the rods and kustoms got pushed out of the area. Oh, well. They also held a parade/cruise up and down the main street of the little town and everyone got to rap the pipes and a few did some smoky burnouts.

I took my Ugly Truck (as I have each time I've gone) and had fun in the parade, cuz I could wind the 292 I6 up to a screaming 4000 rpm or so and then back off and let the Cherry Bombs pop and spit like WW III. People even seemed to enjoy it. :)

I took a few pics and put 'em here:

http://www.chevyasylum.com/cruisin06/Welcome.html

Just click on the link in that page to see the thumbnails and so on.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the pics.

Thanks for the photo link, Ray! Are you really a COF or is that a front?

I spose it depends on who you ask. If you ask my wife, she'd prolly say that I can go from zero to cantankerous in 1.2 seconds. If you ask my kids, they'd prolly say that I'm an old softie...especially if they need something. :D

But I am sorta set in my ways and I don't "suffer fools gladly." I guess that just comes with gettin old.