Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fujimi Porsche Cayman S

Gluebomber

Thanks for the kind words, Chris.

I have used Metalizer as an undercoat with no primer in the past, but it's been a while since I've done that. On the Cayman I used automotive primer and House of Kolor 3-part sealer before the painting the Brass undercoat. Since I discovered the sealer, I've been using it on all my models because it does such a good job of preventing "ghosting" of mold seams and other stuff that has to be sanded off the body.

Unfortunately, my local HOK distributer isn't carrying the sealer in small bottles (4 oz) any more and is telling me the smallest he'll go is a quart! I'm hoping I can find an alternative before my current stash runs out.

Unfortunately, my local HOK distributer isn't carrying the sealer in small bottles (4 oz) any more and is telling me the smallest he'll go is a quart! I'm hoping I can find an alternative before my current stash runs out.

Future is equally effective as a barrier and a fraction of the cost.

And it's at your supermarket...

Thanks, Curtis.

I used black gouache on the window trim. You can get a tube any place that sells art supplies, like Hobby Lobby here in the US. I thin it with water with a tiny drop of dish soap and brush it on the trim a neatly as possible. For any place where I go "outside the lines", the excess can be cleaned off with a toothpick dipped in water. If I totally mess it up, it can all be wiped clean with a wet Q-Tip. The process is pretty risk-free.

Hope this helps!