Model Cars Magazine Forum

I ♥ DRIFT NISSAN HARDBODY D21

Ok..for the people who know that im currently working on the GMC I figured i'd let you all in on what I just ordered from ebay..should be here around valentines day which I figured my wife might get excited about all these packages showing up..lol..but ive got plans for her too..lol..,so no worries..I want to build a drift/stanced d21 since I already am making a slammed truck..I orderd 3 kits to build this one truck...I ordered the silvia because of the sr20 and the datsun for various parts..also heres a pic of a close idea..I will start on it asap and continue progress with the gmc as well

post-11400-0-76105200-1360371763_thumb.j

post-11400-0-90242600-1360371766_thumb.j

post-11400-0-35258200-1360371773_thumb.j

post-11400-0-28341200-1360371936_thumb.j

well to put it in perspective .. you know how much bigger 1:24 is to 1:25.. there close but some parts will not carry over.. and 1:16 parts have about the similar fit rate with 1:18 ( what most RC guys run ) 1:20 is in between the 1:24 and 1:16.. so to the 1:25 cars it will seem huge. yea not as big as 1:16 bit still large. but I still think you will have fun building that model.. the cars can still be good builds in them self..

thank you..I really wasnt sure,because im so new to this...I guess I got 2 extra cars to build..lol..

Yeah 1/20 is a bit bigger but, that could be a good thing. If you are looking to score a set of wheels for that Hardbody kit, it should be easy to get a set of chrome or black and chrome wheels right off almost any Jada Dub City car/truck. BTW, are you converting it to RHD to make it a D21?

Edited by Skydime

Yeah 1/20 is a bit bigger but, that could be a good thing. If you are looking to score a set of wheels for that Hardbody kit, it should be easy to get a set of chrome or black and chrome wheels right off almost any Jada Dub City car/truck. BTW, are you converting it to RHD to make it a D21?

LOL..thats so funny because I was just a target and bought one ...big time muscle with meshi's

Well, first off, I wanted to say that your body work skills are proving very useful in your modeling from the very start. A lot of guys wouldn't attempt these types of builds after 20 years of experience. That said, I am not sure what kind of tools you have purchased so far. The reason I mention this is because the regular cab conversion will need one of the straight handled saws you see here all the time and an Xacto knife. What I recommend doing is taking the back of the xacto knife and scoring the back of the door jam SLOWLY until you cut all the way through on both sides. Take the saw and finish going down the rocker panels along the back of the door. Flip the cab upside down, gently start sawing through the top edges of the door jam into the roof. This should help you begin a straight cut. Once the cut is started on each side, you can lay a straight edge of tape on top as a guide from there. Then take the extended cab, score each side evenly behind the windows all the way down and repeat the roof process. This should give you an even regular cab and back wall portion to glue back together. Just my two cents but, I hope it helps.

Well, first off, I wanted to say that your body work skills are proving very useful in your modeling from the very start. A lot of guys wouldn't attempt these types of builds after 20 years of experience. That said, I am not sure what kind of tools you have purchased so far. The reason I mention this is because the regular cab conversion will need one of the straight handled saws you see here all the time and an Xacto knife. What I recommend doing is taking the back of the xacto knife and scoring the back of the door jam SLOWLY until you cut all the way through on both sides. Take the saw and finish going down the rocker panels along the back of the door. Flip the cab upside down, gently start sawing through the top edges of the door jam into the roof. This should help you begin a straight cut. Once the cut is started on each side, you can lay a straight edge of tape on top as a guide from there. Then take the extended cab, score each side evenly behind the windows all the way down and repeat the roof process. This should give you an even regular cab and back wall portion to glue back together. Just my two cents but, I hope it helps.

I appreciate the compliment and advice bro..Ive been killin myself with this xacto..I have a die grinder from work I tried on the 1st frame and thats mostly the reason the 1st one's gone..lol..I ordered a dremel 80pc set that should be here in a week,but Im so impatient its crazy..you say to use the reverse side of the xacto and Its funny..I just discovered how well it digs when I did the lines of the gmc doors with the putty..,but for sure to use the dremel on the nissan if..IF!..lol..I cut it..

yeeeeeesssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the D21 is finally here...I figured I already have 150 bucks in this build without supplies...so Im going to take a lot of time on this one...the gmc is coming along,but its my trial and error truck...this will be my show piece

post-11400-0-02471600-1360819846_thumb.j

post-11400-0-45233600-1360819849_thumb.j

Im almost always gonna say black and chrome if there isnt a billet or full chrome choice...but thats just me. However, I think a bright paint job, possibly that orange, with the black and chrome wheels would look awesome.

those wheels were solid chrome,but I took a sharpie to them..Ive ordered more rims,but ive chosen the black n chrome also..I also found a sonic blue I liked too

Hey david lee roth

If that is a aoshima 240 the sr20 may be part of a tub assembly. I got one of their 240s looking for a engine and got let down. I ended up getting a 1:24 resin sr20det from model meister. May have to switch those e's and i's to get the name right. I can send you pics and dimensions if you need them. Just pm me.

Hey david lee roth

If that is a aoshima 240 the sr20 may be part of a tub assembly. I got one of their 240s looking for a engine and got let down. I ended up getting a 1:24 resin sr20det from model meister. May have to switch those e's and i's to get the name right. I can send you pics and dimensions if you need them. Just pm me.

yes it is and I looked into those resin blocks,but im just gonna add turbos to the v6 now,but thanks for the info