Model Cars Magazine Forum

Friday 13th & A 3-DAY WEEKEND BUILD!

Dr. Cranky

I was born on Frideay the 13th, so I just had to participate in this. I have a bunch of projects waiting to get started for my big Deuce challenge to myself, so I will need Dr Cranky's vote on my build.

a) '32 5 window full fendered

b )'32 Vicky fenderless street machine

c) '32 fenderless woody vert a.k.a. CALIFORNICATION

Dr Cranky, please take your pick, so I can brake out the superglue. LOL

Edited by mrm

I can build three kits in a day, but the question is with what result?! I think that building a really good model in 3 days is pushing it, but I will try it. The only problem is curing time for putty, paint etc.

Michael, I vote for B.

Oh man, I'm still going . . .the parts are clean and ready for assembly, but I am not also gathering parts to mechanize this thing, gizmofy it!

This Gremlin looks sweet at first, but the front facia doesn't fit right, the hood with the scoop doesn't sit right. The side rear window inserts don't fit right. I busted a post . . .

Gotta get the torch out and fix it all up.

I had forgotten how terribly ugly this car really was/is. But I think it's going to make a good TZH!

Shane, you sure can, welcome to the 3-DAY building madness marathon!

oh you are starting Sat. not Friday.. in that case could I participate with my ford f-150 4x4 kit? all that I have done is glue the bed sides on and clean up the bed. no other assembly has been done.

if not that then I think I'll have a quick look and see what I have

hey dr. cranky,

id like to get in on this, if thats cool? i just picked this up the other day, its a 1961 impala ht. going stock on this except for the rims :) oh and remember im on cali time. B)

her she is, hope i can make the deadline :o happy friday the 13th eveyone!!

o08akg.jpg

f54njd.jpg

Here is my project. Really simple concept, at least on paper. A resin chopped Vicky, sitting on a chassis from AMT Phantom vicky, modified to have the Revell '32 front axle and rear end. Rear end modified to be a quickchange unit. The Boss 429 engine from Revell's '70 Mustang spinning the Willys wheels and tires. Comfort provided by the Pantom Vicky.

The only question is about the rules. Do we show progress and if we do, do we have to do it in this thread or as a separated one?

Pop the Red Bulls guys.....

dsc0601h.jpg

Edited by mrm

Cool, more company. Well, here we are Saturday morning. It is freaking cold too which basically means that as soon as I am finished with assembly I am going to use Vallejo Acrylic Primer to primer this build. It works great for small, quick projects like this.

But we still have a long day ahead.

Stay tuned in for more . . .

Rise and shine, you early birds, it's time to hit the bench!

Ok I will build! But I'm gonna do a ZOOM ZOOM... A 24 hour build !

Not a model...but a new computer....If the luck holds and the SATA gods are with me I will be up and tweaking by tonight....

I does have a pretty plastic case front..with blinking leds....

Read the current SA....Bob shows his "tricks" and he has done a 24 hour Lemans build for years with the A.C.M.E. crew!!

Well, this is perfect, Count me in! I cracked the box last night and started building this morning... The subjest is Monogram's '53 corvette... I'm doing a OOB build/mild custom for a model club theme and will throw my hat in the ring here! After three hours work, I have the chassis and floorpan, wheels and tires painted and assembled and the engine assembly is coming along nicely... I'll go ahead and take pics and post them when time allows!