Model Cars Magazine Forum

Manx Street Fighters....

RatRod

Got these finished up! I remember when these kits hit the shelves back in the day, molded in bright yellow, it's great to see them back. I built these a little differently than most, I built them the way I thought a couple friends would have built real ones back in the mid sixties. The first one is VW powered, and pretty flashy, the other is kind of a mild sleeper as it runs a turbo'd Corvair engine (from the AMT parts pak) This is a great kit, needs a little tweaking here and there, but still a fun kit, and yeah, AMT got the front seats a little small, and the headlights a little big, but still nice to have back.

P1010015-2_zps709584d5.jpg

P1010016-2_zps37e19461.jpg

P1010005.jpg

P1010003-2.jpg

P1010004-2.jpg

P1010008.jpg

P1010007-1.jpg

P1010009-2.jpg

P1010010-2.jpg

Plesae tell me the wheels are stock, those are absolutely awesome. I have passed over that kit too many times, now I am kick'n myself

Sorry Chris, the wheels I used are not in the kit. I used the Cragars from an AMT '64 El Camino/wagon (same kits basically) on the purple buggy, and the Americans are modified parts box finds.

Thanks for the compliments guys!!!