Model Cars Magazine Forum

Are You a "One & Done" Builder?

The only kits I have built just one of , is the IMC Little Red Wagon ( aka Lindberg kit now ) and the MPC Wild Willie Borsch Altered. And I have no intentions to do another one of either

I've only got one of the AMT 1962 Belair's done, but thats going to change soon

I have multiples of several kits to build different versions. Some are new-in-box, some are built-ups. Sometimes I'll build a kit now that I built when I was younger, either to replace one that was destroyed or one that I still have on display to see how far I've progressed.

I'm always try to revisit a past built model. Most of the time, I give a good 3-4 months before building the same model. I always try to find other ways to do stuff. Plus, being new to the custom model genre, I always thing of the best details after the fact.

This one. It was so bad, and so far from a snapkit that I even threw the box away. I cant remember the name of it and dont give a fig. It fought me all the way. Check out the gap at the bottom of the windshield. UGH.

DSCN0752-vi.jpg

Edited by Draggon

buy multiples of some kits if I particularly like that car, but I've never actually built a second one of anything yet. I've got too many to go through for the first time around. I sometimes wind up stealing parts out of the second kit for other builds.

I didn't think I would be a minority on this one but it looks like I am. I love muscle cars and build many of them so I have built the same kits many times all different ways.

Lets see. I have built 2 Revell Thunderbolts and have 3 more. I have built 5 Revell Cobras and have many more to build. I just finished another Johan Javelin. That brings me to my next question. Are we talking about the exact same kit or are we including similar kits with variations. I just finished a 69 Cougar Eliminator that has a Boss 302 and a 4 speed. Plus I'm building a 69 Cougar 428 CJ with an automatic and different wheels.