Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1969 COPO Camaro ZL-1 - Hugger Orange - Post Fixed

RandyB.

Just finished this kit but did encounter a few fit issues with it and ended up breaking the driver's side "A" post. Fixed it as best as possible but it does detract from the overall appearance slightly. Not much you can do about it as these things do happen from time to time. Anyway, have a look and see what you think and thanks for checking her out.

Revell1969COPOCamaroZL1a_zps5d61adec.jpg

Revell1969COPOCamaroZL1b_zpsbb0842c7.jpg

Revell1969COPOCamaroZL1c_zpsb30d387b.jpg

Revell1969COPOCamaro4_zps39db102f.jpg

Revell1969COPOCamaro6_zps00bd333c.jpg

Edited by RandyB.

Nice looking model, Randy.

And yes, things happen and I've learned to live with stuff like that. Most of my models have some (for me) glaring imperfection on one side - so they get displayed with that side to the wall and I soon forget about it.

Thanks guys. I broke the post trying to fit the interior. For some reason this interior wouldn't fit up in tight enough to the top of the doors. I guess I got a little too aggressive with it. I built the Revell '69 Z/28 and didn't have that problem...not sure why this one was being stubborn. Anyway I got the putty and sandpaper out and managed to get the post looking a little better than the way it looked in the first pic I posted.

Edited by RandyB.

Beautiful build Randy. Sorry about the A pillar, those types of setbacks happen to all of us from time to time. Looks like you were able to repair it pretty well. A couple weeks ago I finally got to see my first actual 1:1 COPO and man was it loud, but not from the exhaust but rather the colors.....Daytona Yellow with a yellow houndstooth interior. It was eye-searing in the blazing sunshine!

Thanks guys on the great comments. Well I took some better pics of the Camaro today. I fixed the post late last night so I had to take indoor pics under poor lighting conditions. Check out my repaired post taken outside in the sun plus a couple of other angle pics.

Revell1969COPOCamaroZL-1d_zpsb1d89dab.jp

Revell1969COPOCamaroZL-1c_zps9d3f2f0d.jp

Revell1969COPOCamaroZL-1a_zpsf4314c9d.jp

Revell1969COPOCamaroZL-1b_zpsd57e2d2f.jp

Revell1969COPOCamaroZL-1e_zpsd8040b1e.jp

Dang Randy , I can't even tell where the post was broken, ifyou wouldn't have said any thing and posted these pics no one would have known ......GREAT build !!!!

Thanks Roger and Ron. Things like that really bug me and I just couldn't leave it that way. Feeling better now. :)

Wow!

Your Camaro is really nice, i built this kit last month and i can say it is still a very good kit..

I like this color on the Camaro, it looks natural..

Good job, nevermind that broken post, i can't see it anymore!!

Edited by mikemopar70