Model Cars Magazine Forum

Porsche 911 Slant Nose

Scalper

Hello.. Here is another Fujimi Porsche I started .. I love these kits. . this one is a curbside. but they can still look pretty good.

Not sure what to do with the colour. The wife said she likes the colour on the box. but I am not sure what colour it is. Interiror will be black.

1795546_10152247864563921_919230884_n_zp

1743537_10152247864663921_30300706_n_zps

Started on one of the wheels. I love fujumi rims and tires

1607110_10152247864758921_1483715894_n_z

1653819_10152247864793921_900926817_n_zp

Thanks for looking.

I have not measured them but yeah I think they are 16 inch, but could be 15s. The rims are not the big issue. Its the tires aspect ratio is too sort for vintage Porsches so they don't fill the wheel wells up like they should and some of the bottom detail hangs down too far. Makes the kit a little weird. It looks nice painted up silver, but FWIW most all the suspension parts are black on these cars, and on some cars the cross members were aluminum some where steel. Trans mount sway bars spring plates, and frt control arms are always black. Most likely the rear drop arms would be steel and black. Could be aluminum, they switched around in these 1980s years. Not to be picky or anything. It's fine the way it is.

Ditto on the wheels… wow. Those really are nice looking.

BTW: I worked for Porsche in the late 70's - early 80's. It's hard to tell from the box art, but Porsche had a very light steel color that had a blue-ish tint to it, and a very light blue metallic. So either-or would be a nice choice (I prefer the steel).

Edited by FASTBACK340

Ditto on the wheels… wow. Those really are nice looking.

BTW: I worked for Porsche in the late 70's - early 80's. It's hard to tell from the box art, but Porsche had a very light steel color that had a blue-ish tint to it, and a very light blue metallic. So either-or would be a nice choice (I prefer the steel).

Porsche had a paint to sample code e.g. they would paint a 911 any color you wanted. They had a handful of standard colors - premium colors and paint to sample.

The '89 Turbo coupe I fell in love with at the Porsche dealership I drove by every day was a deep metallic blue/gray or gray/blue, depending on how the lighting was outside. For http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/uploads/post-12144-0-51293100-1373871875.jpg, I at least wanted to get as close to scale size metalflake as possible, so I settled for one of the Testors gunmetal metalizer airbrush paints. Sometime later I discovered some nail polish pearl colors really look like 24th scale metalflake, so that's an option to consider.

• 4 weeks later...