Model Cars Magazine Forum

'32 5 Window-Red White & Black theme

carchub

This is looking real good .. you're doing a great job on the weathering. The peeled paint on the top and the seats look like the real thing! You got some expert advice on the wiring, so just pick what you have the tools and desire to do. That picture hanging wire does look right as far a size goes, but it may be tough since is is pretty stiff. The recommended wrapping wire from Radio Shack is about a cheap as you can get is is the right size. Get white and color with a sharpie and it will last you for years.

Edited by Foxer

or buy the caps with hole drilled from Norm @ R&M....3 for 5.00 or buy one wired from MAD...a half hour of my time is worth 5.00

look in the lower corner these are blue

IMGP6231.jpg

I hafta agree with you as II've been using pre-wired dizzy's from Preston's for years and now I get them from M.A.D. and it works for me.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE Finally! Hah! It's Summer tiiiime...

I used Dr. Cranky's way of weathering chrome (with what I had), came out great I'd say!

HNI_0093-2.jpg

HNI_0094-1.jpg

And the livin's easy...

HNI_0095-1.jpgHNI_0096-1.jpg

Left one of the beauty rings off. OH and the front tires are mostly balded, whoever owns this '32 drives fast around corners =)

HNI_0098-1.jpg

HNI_0001.jpg

Finally made a brace for the alternator, before it was floating (wtf? lol)

HNI_0097-1.jpg

Sprayed the grill flat black and then rubbed my thumb across it to leave the black in the grooves. Looks much better than plated chrome all around.

Edited by carchub