Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Jairus Watson Artwork Challenge

Fletch

Just got my shipping confirmations for wheels and body...

paint...IT'S IN MY FAVORITE COLOR!!!!!!!!!!so I got quarts of it..Tangelocool.gifcool.gif

Look out cause I'm psyched on "The Bomb"

I am lovin this whole idea....Thanks again Jairus and Dave!!!!!!

47LowriderBomb_72-vi.jpg

Edited by MikeMc

Just got my shipping confirmations for wheels and body...

paint...IT'S IN MY FAVORITE COLOR!!!!!!!!!!so I got quarts of it..Tangelocool.gifcool.gif

Look out cause I'm psyched on "The Bomb"

I am lovin this whole idea....Thanks again Jairus and Dave!!!!!!

47LowriderBomb_72-vi.jpg

Mike, without a doubt HoK Tangelo was made for the '46-'48 Fleetline. This is one of my favorite drawing ever from Jairus. The Fleetline looks so fantastic as an Ol' School Lowrider.

Have fun with the build.

Dave

Ok guys I'm in and drew this Fairlane. I almost thought i was lucky and had the kit already but mine is a 63 Galaxy not Fairlane B) This car looks awesome! Am I correct in assuming this is a tri carb car with the tips sticking out? I'll start my shopping this weekend. Thanks for letting me in I can not wait to start this guys! Fairlane1.jpg

SWEEEEEET! I love it!

4499268938_914e921c60_o.jpg

The only thing that could have made it better is if it were a wagon or a sedan delivery!

Are we allowed to get the design intent from the MCM MASTER himself?

The tail clip looks reminiscent of a T-bird or or more so a 64 Galaxie, the bumper I'm not sure.

The front windshield and pillars have me stumped, and the side vents look oh so familar,

almost like a second gen MR2 turned backward, Hmmmmmm.

And what is that hot Blonde pointing that revolver at? I can't quite make out the headlight pattern! cool.gif

This is gonna be FUN! Between this and the muscle car build, I might actually get a couple built this year!

Need to head to the basement stash and see what I have!

SWEEEEEET! I love it!

4499268938_914e921c60_o.jpg

The only thing that could have made it better is if it were a wagon or a sedan delivery!

Are we allowed to get the design intent from the MCM MASTER himself?

The tail clip looks reminiscent of a T-bird or or more so a 64 Galaxie, the bumper I'm not sure.

The front windshield and pillars have me stumped, and the side vents look oh so familar,

And what is that hot Blonde pointing that revolver at? I can't quite make out the headlight pattern! cool.gif

This is gonna be FUN! Between this and the muscle car build, I might actually get a couple built this year!

JT, like I noted in the email use what every you feel necessary to complete the build and that does include getting the 'Skinny' on the drawing from the MCM MASTER as you so nicely put it.

Dave

The front windshield and pillars have me stumped, and the side vents look oh so familiar,

60Ford72big-vi.jpg

P1010142-vi.jpg

JT, the rear bumper is or was suppose to be a 1962 but a '59 Galaxie will work. The '59 part is slightly narrower than the space on the '60 rear end. But the dips provide room for decent FORD taillights, also from '59. The photo above was the inspiration for the artwork and preceeded the art by a few months. The car is a 1962 Galaxie and that has not be released in YEARS.

The roof is a hard top roof like the skyliner but the front pillars and windshield are artists rendering soooo I would simply remove the wind wings and call it good. But if you want to put on a '86 Thunderbird front windshield... or even the full T-bird roof like I did then knock your self out! See, it fits!!

P1010144-vi.jpg

The side vents are '98 Vette...

P1010143-vi.jpg

...and the blond is tired of being chased and lead her pursuer's up this lonely road for a confrontation with her Desert Eagle! Note the headlights reflected in the side of the car?

Edited by Jairus

I'd really love to join this as I'm a big admirer of Jairus' work! The only problem is that there is only a select few and one in paticular that I'd be interested in building. I've got the kits and possibly wheels and do plan on starting it in the near future. Another hiccup with my plans for joining this is because of $$$. Still house hunting (after 8 months of lookin' this is rediculous!) and bein' disabled doesn't help. All y'all have great subjects and I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. Happy Building!

Alright, I feel left out. How come I can't get my picture to post here? It won't let me do anything but copy the link. I hate being computer stupid. Any help?

Later-

Tom, are you using a photo hosting site like Fotki or Photobucket? If not thje only way you can post pics is to use the attachment feature when posting.

Dave

Edited by Fletch

Cool beans Fletch!! And I'm off to find the parts, trucks, and tools. Jairus I'll try and do this truck justice for you. :P

So, were off to the races :lol: !! This is what I'm building. Thanx again. ;)

70sportcrew-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

P.S. Sorry Fletch. Havin' poor nerves in my fingers I misspell my own name all the time. LOL :lol:B)

Edited by Tumbler75

Cool beans Fetch!! And I'm off to find the parts, trucks, and tools. Jairus I'll try and do this truck justice for you. smile.gif

So, were off to the races laugh.gif !! This is what I'm building. Thanx again. cool.gif

70sportcrew-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Jason; if you get this to work out, be prepared to send it out or make resin copies of it yourself. I would want to get hold of a couple copies myself.

JT

ok...i won the 41 chevy pickup on ebay and fletch also the 48 woody...for the 1st time i was hoping to lose an auction....lol...saw a women at the pool yesterday wearing a really cool shade of purple nail polish so im on the hunt for that...midniteprowler has a set of hub caps for me so things are falling into place nicely...stay tuned...

Jarius I have a question. I was looking around for a kit for this and had a thought go through my head. Is this a strait up 63 or is this actually a larger "fin" setup like it has a 57 rear end?

That illustration was not done of an existing model. It was drawn for Rod & Custom of a mostly stock bodied 1963 Fairlane and R&C decided not to print it for unknown reasons.

Unfortunately there is not a known kit of a 1963 Fairlane, only a 1964 (The Revell Thunderbolt). However resin bodies are available for that Revell kit or the original kit can be modified by a talented modeler as all the major elements are there with little effort, patience and evergreen plastic. This is why it is called modeling.

Or, you could trade with someone...

OK. Finally I have been given enough clues and beatings to learn how to do this. So, with no further ado, here is what I drew for the build.

TheBeetle.jpg

I am in the process of gathering parts. Currently the only part I have on hand is the air intake that sticks above the top. This is going to be great. There are a few others that I would also like to build (72 Chevy quad cab, the 63 Galaxie being two of them). Can't wait to see everyone's progress.

Later-

OK. Finally I have been given enough clues and beatings to learn how to do this. So, with no further ado, here is what I drew for the build.

TheBeetle.jpg

I am in the process of gathering parts. Currently the only part I have on hand is the air intake that sticks above the top. This is going to be great. There are a few others that I would also like to build (72 Chevy quad cab, the 63 Galaxie being two of them). Can't wait to see everyone's progress.

Later-

I believe you can get those rims from the AMT Slammer Kit. The Concorde (Purple Car), 'cause I'm Sittin' here lookin' at the wheels from that kit sittin' under my Firebird, they almost are a dead match. HTP :D

Oh I'm up for the challange :) I just was thinking it looed like it was 2 cars and wanted to know. I'm not trading this car rocks! :( I actually found one for sale but wow it's a lot of money so I'll just start with a Thunderbolt I think. There was one out there I was surprised. 63fairlane.jpg

Edited by Railfreak78