Model Cars Magazine Forum

post apocalyptic community build

Blake Rogers

Okay I have a serious question here. Following a nuclear apocalypse (assuming that is the situation) we would experience a nuclear winter. A huge drop in temps for a loooooong time. Are we building assuming we are doing the fictional desert hot Max Max-esque scenario or a true nuclear winter? This would definitely change my build plans. So let me know whatcha think.
any really up to u iam doind a few for this build so iam doing different scenario's

here is one im entering. i got a show here in march and would like to have it finished. named Mt. Dew.

IMG_0013.jpg

md3.jpg

gb3.jpg

more pics here: http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l159/jar...ndn/deathracer/

and here is one i need to finish, and with this long of a deadline, i hope to!!

000_1442.jpg

000_1431.jpg

its getting tank tracks on the rear.

oh and thanks for letting me into the build off.

sweet deal man i love it

dude thats sick i like the zombie how u make him? let me know

Thanks Man. The Zombie started life as a WWE wrestler. Walmart sells these little 3 packs of wrestler guys for about 7 bucks. They are not hard resin, they are kinda rubbery. basically just did some small mods to him and painted him. gotta finish his legs...

Okay I have a serious question here. Following a nuclear apocalypse (assuming that is the situation) we would experience a nuclear winter. A huge drop in temps for a loooooong time. Are we building assuming we are doing the fictional desert hot Max Max-esque scenario or a true nuclear winter? This would definitely change my build plans. So let me know whatcha think.

The nuclear winter theory was shown to be flawed and exagerated. When Saddam lit off all those oil wells in 1991 it tested a lot of the nuclear winter data and found it had less impact that they had expected.

Not to say a nuclear winter apocalypse setting should be eliminated, just that it is no more accurate than the desert like Mad Max climate.

As long as we are not limited to a specific end of civilization setting, I've been wanting to do a zombie apocalypse grocery getter for awhile now. I was going to do it in the death race build but it didn't really fit.

I might join in on this, when is the deadline? I've got alot of other things to do but if the deadline is far enough away, then I'll enter with a 50 ford f-1, it was a lowrider with sparkle flip flop paint, but the rest of the kit was warped and fought me the whole way, so let me know.

I might join in on this, when is the deadline? I've got alot of other things to do but if the deadline is far enough away, then I'll enter with a 50 ford f-1, it was a lowrider with sparkle flip flop paint, but the rest of the kit was warped and fought me the whole way, so let me know.

ya u can join no problem

like late 2010 lol i am thinking june

Thanks for the bump.

I have a few questions

1:does it have to have all the armor and stuff?

2:can my kommand kar be entered?

3:can i do the abandoned/zombie like weathered down idea.It will look as if it went thru a apocalypse so can i do it?

1.ok well what ever u think one should look like doesn't matter to me 2. yes u can 3. yes u can

The nuclear winter theory was shown to be flawed and exagerated. When Saddam lit off all those oil wells in 1991 it tested a lot of the nuclear winter data and found it had less impact that they had expected.

Not to say a nuclear winter apocalypse setting should be eliminated, just that it is no more accurate than the desert like Mad Max climate.

As long as we are not limited to a specific end of civilization setting, I've been wanting to do a zombie apocalypse grocery getter for awhile now. I was going to do it in the death race build but it didn't really fit.

GO for it anything goes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!