Model Cars Magazine Forum

correct color for California Flash 68 Dart?

gbdolfans

Hi guys, my wife gave me one of the '68 Hemi Darts for X-mas.I would love to do Butch Leal's 1968 Dart.I just found the decals and I thought it was red and white.It said it was orange and white and suggested GO Mango for the color.

I would like to know from the experts out there,what rattle can would be correct or closest to the right color???

Thanks in advance,

George Bluhm

A few years ago at the Carlisle Chrysler Show they had a Butch Leal Dart there but it was a candy red and silver down the side. Looked great but not sure if it was original or not. At the same time they had the 65 stock wheelbase car as well which was the more familiar orange and white.

Here's a link off the butchleal.com

http://www.butchleal.com/DartPrint.html

Edited by jjsipes

WOW, this is the 1st I've ever heard of a Butch Leal SS Hemi Dart . Did some digging this afternoon and sure enough it existed .

But sounds like the car was more of a PR stunt than a real effort to go SS A/A racing . As it sounds like it only lasted a couple races on the west coast.

I read about it on classracer.com

Just goes to show ya, never say never.

Thanks for all the replies.I understand he didn't race this car very much,I just like the way it looks..

I still do not know what color to use.The Model Roundup site says Go Mango and some people say Red. Anyone have any color pics to see?

Again,thanks for replies.

George