Model Cars Magazine Forum

So What's next in line for the Revell '32 Ford ?

What's Next for Revells '32 Fords ?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. What Would You like to see next in the Revell '32 Ford series ?

• Victoria
    • Phaeton
    • B-400 Convertable Sedan
    • Closed Cab Pick Up
    • Sedan Delivery / Panel

So what bets are on what comes up next?

Not your wants, wishes, hopes and dream's, but what do you think (guess) they will give us next ?

I'd love to see the McMullen roadster, but I think I have already said that. Version B:

3265789951_5177b2bdbb.jpg

But imagine the older more traditional version A. Imagine if this could be built OOB! Both are real close to the Rat Roaster. Revelle already has the six carbs in the Woody, the small block in the Roaster, the front tires and wheels from the rat rods series works, the Miss Deal slicks fit perfectly. Tool up some new rear wheels, radius rods, and its a go!

0404sr_milestones_13_z.jpg

Edited by Draggon

I voted Vicky, but I think a panel/sedan delivery would probably be the easiest one to do (it's pretty easy to do already, basically just blank off the windows and scribe a door line). Something tells me the 32 pickup would be the most likely choice for them to make, though, but it doesn't have that much appeal to me personally.

Engine choices would be one of the early GM OHV's (Cad or Olds) with tons of speed parts we could use on the 50 Olds and the Cad in the 49 Merc. - Or if they're feeling really frisky a Nailhead would be awesome...

Some sort of cool old rear end, too, either a Hallibrand quick change or Columbia 2-speed.

Juice brake backing plates (if we're lucky some finned Buick drums, but that would be asking a lot ^_^

Proper set of big n little blackwall skinny tires would be nice, they've got a decent start going - the newer style hollow 50 olds and 62 vette tires make a decent combination (or the 57 ford/57 Chevy 150 solid tire for the fronts).

And for the love of Pete, a 4" drop Super Bell I-beam front axle!!! Heck, give us a stock front axle and some friction shocks while you're at it...

Edited by Brett Barrow

So what bets are on what comes up next?

Not your wants, wishes, hopes and dream's, but what do you think (guess) they will give us next ?

3 Window. With no new parts but with a mix & match from the others - say with a flathead, hairpins, bobbed & cycle fenders and the new wheels & tyres.

I voted for the pickup, but I would love to see them start re-issuing all the previous versions but with stock and maybe also vintage speed parts added. How about some vintage Bonneville/drylakes components? It would give me a whole new reason to buy more. I have started to buy more of them at various times, but the modern day components always stopped me.,

• 2 weeks later...

Should there come a day when the bottoms of our feet get really cold and a kit of Chili Catallo's Deuce is released, I hope it's not with these wheel covers! :wacko:

chilic32.jpg

I do like the "recipe" idea for calling out which kits and parts one needs to build a replica of the real thing, though. :)

I always thought the AMT '32 Vic had a chopped look to it, and that's why I modified the AMT body to fit the Revell fenders, etc. It's a little narrow from side to side, but the conversion seems to look OK.

FYI:

The height of the side windows on a Victoria are 1.25" shorter than a 2-door / 4-door sedan. If AMT scaled the windows correctly then the body should appear slightly chopped.

The Victoria used the same windshield frame as a sedan. Too account for this the edges of the Victoria roof have more crown than a sedan so the windshield works out and head room isn't compromised. There are a bunch of subtle changes going on with a Victoria vs. the sedan models. Ford really did put the work into it to make the Victoria, IMO, the most ellagent looking of all of the 1932 body styles.