Model Cars Magazine Forum

Custom Ford F450 4x4 build update 5/13/10

jamiesprojects044.jpgI found the pics of the tool i used to make the suspension. the tool was made from a bar of Plastic rod and two small screws. The feaf springs are made with .010 plastic strips 5-6 strips each. you apply the first strip between the two screws and as you layer the strips on they start to form the feaf spring.

jamiesprojects028.jpg

jamiesprojects027.jpg

jamiesprojects029.jpg

here you see the completed spring next to a kit spring....

jamiesprojects026.jpg

Hey Shox what have you done since this build? I watched this thing come to life on another site and I would like to see what else you have done.

Justin

Hey! justin im gonna be putting together a 67 Chevelle an actual copy of my 1:1 hot rod, here on this site, starting within the next few days. Im doin this untill some of my materials come in and at the request of a couple modellers. Did you know that I sold this model it was destroyed and i was able to get it back and put it back together. Now im gonna start putting it in shows again. stay tuned............... :D

Edited by Aftashox

Heres the cab with working lights, I used LED's i picked up at Radio Shak and ground them to the right shape. I installed a headliner to hide the wiring.

mypics005.jpg

mypics018.jpg

mypics013.jpg

mypics012.jpg

mypics010.jpg

mypics009.jpg

Stay tuned for more to come :rolleyes:

Edited by Aftashox

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is one very sweet truck!!! I just can't get over all the stuff you have done to it and how great it looks!!! And here I just kept passing this one for some dumb reason and didn't look at it until tonight and dude was I missing out or what!!

Please keep the updates coming and the photos..

Marty

I know I should have asked when I asked about the lights, What did you use for your batteries? I seen a box there is that something you only hook up when you want the lights to run?

:rolleyes:Hey Kaleb I use two AA batterys and yes its only hooked up when i want the lights on. The battery box will be concieled in a trailer when the model is done.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is one very sweet truck!!! I just can't get over all the stuff you have done to it and how great it looks!!! And here I just kept passing this one for some dumb reason and didn't look at it until tonight and dude was I missing out or what!!

Please keep the updates coming and the photos..

Marty

B)thx for the compliment, I do the same thing ,pass on a certain build and go back later and be like WOW! welcome to the build :D

Edited by Romell R

This truck is absolutely stunning. I've seen it several years going around the web on other sites. I can say it's a work of art especially the working LED's. I have to say I'm in complete awe of your skill and patience for this kind of work. Keep on buildin' man. You are awesome! :lol:

This truck is absolutely stunning. I've seen it several years going around the web on other sites. I can say it's a work of art especially the working LED's. I have to say I'm in complete awe of your skill and patience for this kind of work. Keep on buildin' man. You are awesome! :lol:

Thx Tumbler Glad you have had a chance to enjoy it again. I for one am greatful that I got it back and was able to fix it.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know this is an old build but man thats sweet!

LOL looking through from the beginning I saw it was from 2010, all allong the way I was saying to myself someone is gonna be mad at me fro necro'ing this thread but I just have to it is freakin gorgeous. Thank you for necroing it for me haha.

Romell what an amazing attention to detail. I think without a doubt this is the best pickup truck model I have ever seen. I hope one day I can build with the level of detail you have shown in this build. I also love the follow along on the build up. I love reading about and seeing how a model was built moreso than just looking at the actual finished product. Keep on keepin on Romell it is truly some inspirational work,

Derick