Model Cars Magazine Forum

Timbs Streamliner is finished Updated Oct 28 with Wooden Buck

Peter Lombardo

Holly smokes! I never thought I'd see a model of this - one of my all time favorite one-offs. You have captured every sensuous curve of the original perfectly. I have a ton of questions, but I'm going to back up and check out the W.I.P. first to see if the answers are to be found there.

Thank you for building this, oh, and thank you for not billing it as "the buick streamliner" ;)

Welcome back Peter! The Timbs car came out beautifully. When you were last active you were delighting us with the details of the chassis and motor. Now, as a completed model it is doubly impressive. Your diorama concept is truly inspired and should complement this stunner perfectly.

I can't recall if I ever thanked you for the Timbs body you sent me. The lines are a real inspiration. I wouldn't presume to build another Timbs replica but have ideas for an early 50's LSR car. Clearly this shape was "in the air" at the time, since it's so evocative of the Bluebird.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your future projects in the months to come.

Edited by Bernard Kron

Guys, thanks so much for the kind words.........I really appreciate it.......I just wanted to finish this car after two years of it sitting behind me under a cover and every now and then I would remove the cover and the car was just sitting there laughing at me because it was un-finished, and I had to have the last laugh. Thanks again.

I have completed (still needs a little bit of sanding, but it is basically done) the model of the wooded buck that Norman Timbs made to fabricate the body from........just a recap, the real car body was hand formed from aluminum plates hammered by hand over the wooden buck shown in this picture on a trailer leaving Timbs house and heading out to the fabricators shop.

6267045115_4780595be3.jpg

Here is a few shots of my model next to the completed mode.

10545280624_407a839ff1.jpg

10545243355_a01eb6c497.jpg

10545460603_0eb0a4f39c.jpg

And by itself.

10545461463_d43ac44593.jpg

This will be presented in a 3D setting in place of the actual wooden buck in the photo taken of the real buck. We are "airbrushing out" the buck from the photo and this will replace in a 3D diaroma........it should be pretty cool.....basically I will be bringing the old photo to life.

I started work on the Junkyard Timbs Streamliner too.

Completion date is scheduled for NNL East in April 2014........if the4 new venture doesn't get in the way, that is.

Again, thanks for looking and I really appreciate your comments.....you guys are too kind.