Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius International ProStar build. Cab mounted, 6-21-14

What color are you using for the Weenie blue Marshall? It looks like a perfect match, and if I can get the resin required to build my old Pete 386, I've been thinking of building my old Weenie ride. By the way, are you going to make an MCP200 for in it? If so, let me know and I'll take my camera to work and try and get a clearer pic of the home screen than this one from my new pumpkin ride! :lol:

HPIM4115.jpg

It's Dupli-Color Bermuda Blue Metallic. I picked it up at Autozone. I need to get some more when the roads defrost. My truck didn't have the MCP200 in it. It had the older model Qualcomm. I'm gonna add several little things to the interior that were in the truck, and add a bunk instead of the couch. Werner would never splurge for a creature comfort like a couch... <_<:lol:

It's Dupli-Color Bermuda Blue Metallic. I picked it up at Autozone. I need to get some more when the roads defrost. My truck didn't have the MCP200 in it. It had the older model Qualcomm. I'm gonna add several little things to the interior that were in the truck, and add a bunk instead of the couch. Werner would never splurge for a creature comfort like a couch... <_<:lol:

I see a trip to Autozone in my future! That explains a lot too why you said in the thread I have with the new Qualcomm antennas why you said you still had a dome since you had the old Qualcomm in it.

And a couch, Werner couldn't even splurge for a real engine!!

I see a trip to Autozone in my future! That explains a lot too why you said in the thread I have with the new Qualcomm antennas why you said you still had a dome since you had the old Qualcomm in it.

And a couch, Werner couldn't even splurge for a real engine!!

I did like the Cummins I had in it. It climbed really well. But I do agree that they could've been considerate and turned the truck up... 62 was just too slow.

I did like the Cummins I had in it. It climbed really well. But I do agree that they could've been considerate and turned the truck up... 62 was just too slow.

The Cummapart in my Pete was the exact opposite, I could go 65 but it wouldn't pull a hill for nothing. It seen a 6% coming up and it started dropping speed, I was lucky to be doing 25 at the top of the hill! :angry:

I have no idea why mine climbed so good. I could have 40,000 on board, and I would pass O/O's going up(unless they were real light or empty, then I'd have to call the company to get the decals replaced...).

They stopped replacing my decals!! :lol::lol:

I hope you can get some painting done, Marshall, I want to see it in color before I go back to work Wednesday!

I'm hoping this crazy winter will end soon too, I'm getting tired of it being 53 degrees when I leave and 30 miles up the road it be snowing!

Sorry Matt... I wasn't able to paint the cab yet. And to make matters more difficult, the paint I told you about is no longer available... It turns out that when I bought the can of Bermuda blue, it had already been discontinued. I don't know if I have enough to paint the cab, which means I may have to repaint the whole truck in a diiferent light blue. I picked up a couple of cans of DupliColor/GM Light Blue Metallic. It's a little darker, but it might just work for Werner blue. I'll keep you updated...

This is the GM light blue metallic compared to the Bermuda blue...

010_zps7f67cd67.jpg

Let me know what you think...

Bummer you didn't get a chance to paint! :(

On the other hand, maybe it's a good thing, because the new color looks close too. Have you thought of checking a local dealer for some touch up paint or just to find out what color Werner blue actually may be or be close to?

Bummer you didn't get a chance to paint! :(

On the other hand, maybe it's a good thing, because the new color looks close too. Have you thought of checking a local dealer for some touch up paint or just to find out what color Werner blue actually may be or be close to?

I'm gonna give painting a try today. Hopefully the weather will hold out.

Local for me is 70 miles away... :huh:

As far as I know, Werner Blue is a custom color. So I'm gonna cross my fingers and hope that the metallic blue is close...