Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Our ride starts when yours ends"

mrm

Dan, Dave and Daniel, thank you guys.

So the headliner was fitted in and painted.

cjee.jpg

Both the headlights and the wire wheels from the 32 Tudor were dechromed with over cleaner and painted.

uc6g.jpg

[8e9np.jpg
Then the wheels had their hubcaps foiled.
zj8k.jpg
Everything was painted Nero Stellato but not cleared yet. At this time the bottom of the bed received its bolts….
pd1gn.jpg
…and the top of the bed got foiled. The runners on the side are chrome and rollers in the middle are gold (brass)
l7tmj.jpg
The other day I was with my wife at Hobby Lobby with my wife and looked around wile waiting for her. I got some crosses from the jewelry section and these really cool turned brass door knobs for doll houses.
3q56.jpg
And here is what the bed will look like when done. It has the brass door knobs as coffin guides on the sides. The "stop" on the far end is from a boothill express extra chrome tree I had and so are the the two chrome handles on the corners of the table. From the brief research I did online, hearses have sliding tables that come out the back (or the side on some), so this is what the handles are for and the stop on the far end keep the coffin from hitting the wall. The brass guides keep it from moving side to side. Or at least that's what I tried to make.
ooau.jpg
Now everything has to be clear coated and polished.
Edited by mrm

Yeeeyyyyy, almost at the finish line……Everything has been clear coated and now Just need to wait to cure. By end of next week this thing should be in the display case.

Everything is dry to the touch and safe to handle, but I don't feel it has cured completely to be sanded and polished. So I worked on some other details. Like the brake lines. For this I used some molded bolt heads, which I drilled, square plastic stock that was also drilled and thin solder.

edpx.jpg

The styrene tiny block was glued to the rear end and brake lines were made from the solder. The drilled bolt heads were cut off and put on the lines.

2gdb.jpg

And everything in its place. The block was painted aluminum and the fittings brass gold. A third line was added, which will go into the frame. I know that fo models it is cooler looking to have the brake and fuel lines running visible under the cars to show more detail, but I like to build models the way I would do it in real life. So everything will run in the frame rails.

nuuw.jpg

Suspension mocked up. Stance is exactly where I wanted it. For this I needed to do the usual front axle mods.

4han.jpg

And a quick try of the body too.

qub6.jpg

Quite a bit more work left, but it's getting there.

Michael, this model is looking just awesome. The detailing is great and the overall look of the model in black with the whitewalls is perfect. I can't wait to see this finished. The subtheme for next year's NNL East is "Professional Vehicles" or Hearses and your model would fit in perfectly. Great job so far.

Thank you guys. Appreciate the kind words.

Here is the bed completed

w5vn.jpg

sw5wh.jpg

And this is what it looks like in the back of the body.

vyf49.jpg

Now I need to mix some paint to make the bottom of the curtains dark antique gold. I already made new "glass" for the sides and got some dry transfers to make the writing on it.

Jon, Dan and Arno, thank you very much guys. Tomorrow I need to polish the Nero Stelatto parts. Also bought some solder to make the exhaust for it. I may go in the garage and give my lathe a workout too and make me some cool mufflers. I am planning on starting final assembly tomorrow.