Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford pickup diecasts

mk11

Dug some old trucks out for a few pics tonight...

These ones are franklin mint '96 4x4s. Gotta blame this diversion from regularly scheduled programming (plastic kits) on Mr Jessee. Came across his mar 2000 light commercial column discussing these and suddenly decided I needed one(or two) B) Threw the motormax camper on one to see how much work it needs to match up.

P2183689 zps50589afc

P2183693

The little ones are 1/43 '68 and '70 F100s that have entered the marketplace recently. Unfortunately still no bigger bumps available yet. The big red/white '79 in the background is Mr Sam Walton's weathered truck (just begging to be refreshed with paint, chrome and a nice set of mudders). Many will recognize the liberty diecast '79 that has appeared in everything from Shelby blue to Cornhuskers to Haliburton colors. This one is canadian tire's kick at the can.

And here's the Matchbox series...

PB110629

mike

Edited by mk11

The Walton and Franklin trucks share more than the included pets...

P2183702 zps56f6830b

They also share what are close to the worst representations of Ford engines (300 and 302) in scale <_<

P2183698 zpsb5b05116

P2183695 zps2cae26b3

Edited by mk11

• 2 weeks later...

Here's another 1/43 '70 from Brazil. When I get some time to detail it, I'll throw on the torque thrusts from a 1/43 deuce I've got sitting here.

P1012781

The other two are matchbox 1/64, a '79 and a '70 'Texas ride 'em' series from '09. That '79 was first issued in red and white as 'sam's truck' exclusively sold at wm stores.

Matchbox '67 Ford trucks...

PB110629

And here's a couple more from Argentina...

P2241849

and a couple of plastic ones from hong kong, roughly 1/32...

P8146802

mike

Edited by mk11

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've seen it in a couple of different colors but not up close yet. Front wheel arch looks off but I bet uncle Jesse wouldn't mind. I don't really anticipate buying one at current pricing as I'm not really a fan of that 73-5 grill...

The Liberty diecast is more like about 1/26 and the walton truck is at least 1/24 with goofy wheel arches too..

mike