Model Cars Magazine Forum

White Western Star

• 1 month later...

Here is something you don't probably know, J.D. Powers rated WST number one in customer satisfaction 4 years in a row!!! Including 2002 when they were shutting the doors and moving the operation, not bad for a company that only held 2-3 percent of the truck market!!! In fact, when they had the second plant going in Charleston, South Carolina...we had quiet a few of our southern neighbours wanting their trucks built in Canada!! I have a brochure for export trucks packed away, when I get the house selling/shopping done, I can scan the pics and post here. There is a REALLY cool military 4X4 that I would LOVE to build!!!!

hey mate, got pics of the 4x4?

• 6 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

So are AMT just putting Coke decals on literally everything now?

No, they are included, not pre-applied. Unappealing decals have been a thing since the first annual kits in '58, and nobody is required nor forced to use them.

2 minutes ago, iamsuperdan said:

Yeah, I'm aware. That was me cracking a joke at AMT's expense, as it seems like everything they release gets a Coke re-issue. 

I'm fully expecting a Coca Cola Romulan Warbird, a Coke Batmobile, and a Coke Construction bulldozer.

Ya, along with a Coke Chevy Camaro (any era, doesn't matter), Coke Garage Series lift, Coke tanker trailer, Coke logging trailer, etc...

I think AMT is just amortizing what Coke must have charged them for use of their trademarked logo.  Plus there are Coke collectors out there that will buy ANTHING that says "Coke" or "Coca Cola" on it no matter how irrelevant  the connection is between the two.