Model Cars Magazine Forum

Question: Revell '67 Corvette Kits' Scale

I want to build the Historic Racing Miniatures 1963 Z06 Corvette (a resin transkit) which uses the Revell '67 Corvette as a donor kit. The HRM resin is 1/24 scale but I noticed that box art for the various Revell / Monogram kits (convertible / coupe) shows the scale to be 1/25. Is that a mistake on the box art (with the Revell kits actually 1/24)?

Thanks

I want to build the Historic Racing Miniatures 1963 Z06 Corvette (a resin transkit) which uses the Revell '67 Corvette as a donor kit. The HRM resin is 1/24 scale but I noticed that box art for the various Revell / Monogram kits (convertible / coupe) shows the scale to be 1/25. Is that a mistake on the box art (with the Revell kits actually 1/24)?

There are both 1/25 and 1/24 scale '65-'67 Vettes in the Revell lineup, some Revell 1/25 and some Monogram originated 1/24 kits. I think this kit would be the best donor:

revell-1966-corvette-penske-racing.jpg

Don't forget the reboxed Accurate Miniatures Grand Sport Vette from Revell. That is all race car and it is 1/24th

The 60's Grand Sports were tube framed hand-built race cars that had very little in common with production 'Vettes except for general external appearance.

I believe the Z06's were RPOs based on production cars. (kind of like the ZL1s and ZR1s of the 60's and 70's)

Edited by dmk

I would inquire to HRM about the scale of that Z06 transkit. Harold offers a transkit of the 1960 Cunningham LeMans Corvette for the Revell '58-'59 Corvette models, which are 1/25. I buy HRM kits from Island Collectibles and the default scale in their catalog for HRM products is 1/24, with no reference made for kits that happen to be 1/25. I contacted Ed @ IC and he verified that the '60 LM Corvette transkit was indeed 1/25.