Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mustang GT 99-04

My cousin has found the car of his dreams(within price range) a perfect clean 02 GT witht he dark grey/charcoal paint. However he cant afford it even with his money saved. For his Bday his parents are paying the diff and giving it to him.

Id really like to build him a scaled model to go with it to stick on his shelf with other pre-built models he has.

Do they even make a 99-04 Mustang model? I've looked and I'm coming up short.

i did a search of ebay and i found only 2 99-04 mustangs in scale. one was a pimped out convertable with large diameter rims on skinny tires from JADA toys it was a 2002. the other i found would probably be the best thing you will find. a 1/18 scale 2004 GT diecast from auto art.

2004 Mustang GT from auto art

the best thing about diecast is you can easily remove the body and repaint it, heck you can use factory paint cause it is metal :lol:. It looks identical to this one, just the color of the paint is different.

2004 Mustang GT

I hope that helps a little bit, i know it is diecast, but hey, what can you do if they do not make a model of THAT generation of mustang :huh:?