Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pro Street Community Build Project

1320wayne

Just a quick update on how the coronet is going. Work been slow due to school holidays but back to school next week cant wait. Wasn't happy with the fuel tank so have made up another and have made up the side panels for the trunk. Have also mocked up the battery and nos bottle in the trunk as-well just to see how everything fits. Have also decided on a change of rims to give it a more uniformed and modern look. Mocked up the dohc hemi to see how she looks and have added the scoop from the dick landy charger kit trying to keep it all mopar. Long weekend coming up so with a bit of luck will be able to give it a bit of paint if i can figure what colour scheme i will go for possibly black roof with white body. Cheers and thanks for looking.

65dodgecoronet027_zpsd48def9b.jpg65dodgecoronet028_zps8a472ec6.jpg65dodgecoronet029_zpsabac612f.jpg65dodgecoronet030_zpsc1f516e8.jpg65dodgecoronet031_zpsc56edb14.jpg65dodgecoronet032_zpsb63f48de.jpg65dodgecoronet033_zps2708fe87.jpg65dodgecoronet026_zps05e8a9ff.jpg

Just a quick update on how the coronet is going. Work been slow due to school holidays but back to school next week cant wait. Wasn't happy with the fuel tank so have made up another and have made up the side panels for the trunk. Have also mocked up the battery and nos bottle in the trunk as-well just to see how everything fits. Have also decided on a change of rims to give it a more uniformed and modern look. Mocked up the dohc hemi to see how she looks and have added the scoop from the dick landy charger kit trying to keep it all mopar. Long weekend coming up so with a bit of luck will be able to give it a bit of paint if i can figure what colour scheme i will go for possibly black roof with white body. Cheers and thanks for looking.

looking really cool!! sitting pretty good.... that hemi fills that engine bay up real nice!!

No- unfortunately that got crushed by a box falling off a shelf above my workbench when it was about 98% done. I'm planning on using what's left of it on another one, just not sure when.

Sorry to hear that Chuck. That was a nice looking model the last I saw of it.

I have the roll cage made on my Duster project. It's just a street style six point, nothing fancy. I'm not really happy with the bars up front,so I may change those. I'm almost ready to take it apart and start the primer and paint process.

Hi decided to add another build to the list while ideas for the coronet come to me. Started a 64 plymouth belvedere as a glue bomb, stripped paint and modified a 70 coronet pro street chassis. Going to use the original 426 with minor mods and stock body work and interior. Used the rims from the dodge daytona kit and parts box tyres Wanted the look of being original until you see the rear end. Cheers and thanks for looking.

64plymouthbelvedere004_zpsc7c19b2b.jpg64plymouthbelvedere002_zpsee6666bd.jpg64plymouthbelvedere001_zpsc2c47447.jpg64plymouthbelvedere005_zps6310d9bc.jpg

Hi decided to add another build to the list while ideas for the coronet come to me. Started a 64 plymouth belvedere as a glue bomb, stripped paint and modified a 70 coronet pro street chassis. Going to use the original 426 with minor mods and stock body work and interior. Used the rims from the dodge daytona kit and parts box tyres Wanted the look of being original until you see the rear end. Cheers and thanks for looking.

64plymouthbelvedere004_zpsc7c19b2b.jpg64plymouthbelvedere002_zpsee6666bd.jpg64plymouthbelvedere001_zpsc2c47447.jpg64plymouthbelvedere005_zps6310d9bc.jpg

hey.... cut it out already !!! i have enough problems getting to the bench to do 1 build, you keep throwing another and another.... are you married? have kids? do you have extra hours in the day over there in Australia !!! ahhhh, i'm just jelious. gonna be a killer build. the more the marrier!!!!

Would there be a problem if I built something like this??

clkdragster1_zps62a5d658.jpg

clkdragster3_zps448d50fd.jpg

From a kit like this???

TAM00024290_0_l_zpsbf363b7a.jpg

and still built my Lincoln LSC for this CBP???

sure... another one doing multiple builds !! love the unusual !!! build on....... i'd keep everything stock, even use the engine, just tub it out. be a very interesting build.

Actually working on the Falcon!

F002_zps5ba77fbd-vi.jpg

As Roger (plowboy) suggested, I fit the '67 Mustang suspension to the Nova frame, after I'd ground off the Nova's engine mounts, lower control arm mounts, and the crossmember just behind the torque arm boxes. Worked great! I also had to slightly cut down the Nova chassis just behind the fuel cell, and remove the molded drivetrain hump to fit against the Falcon's interior tub.

Obviously there's still lots more to be sorted out, but it seems workable now!

sure... another one doing multiple builds !! love the unusual !!! build on....... i'd keep everything stock, even use the engine, just tub it out. be a very interesting build.

I planned to keep everything stock. Just going to tub it out and roll cage and a few extras.

I planned to keep everything stock. Just going to tub it out and roll cage and a few extras.

cool! gonna be a neat little build. be cool to see the cage around those gull wing doors. does the motor have turbos on it.... i know nothing about those cars...

Actually working on the Falcon!

F002_zps5ba77fbd-vi.jpg

As Roger (plowboy) suggested, I fit the '67 Mustang suspension to the Nova frame, after I'd ground off the Nova's engine mounts, lower control arm mounts, and the crossmember just behind the torque arm boxes. Worked great! I also had to slightly cut down the Nova chassis just behind the fuel cell, and remove the molded drivetrain hump to fit against the Falcon's interior tub.

Obviously there's still lots more to be sorted out, but it seems workable now!

hehe.... been there..... cant see the picts here but it sounds killer. thanks for the info on the front suspension switch. will have to file that one away for future use.

​Alright guys, I understand most of you guys are like professional builders. I have seen your work, I am just building to my ability and I do encourage feedback. So here it goes. Here is a mock-up of my Lincoln LSC.

DSCN1496_zps289c3978.jpg

I think this kit has some great potential, just check out the body.

DSCN1497_zpsce11275f.jpg

DSCN1498_zps7ba4d320.jpg

DSCN1499_zps00e1f676.jpg

That being said, I couldn't leave this kit looking as-is so tell me what you think of my modifications.

DSCN1504_zpsc65e0ce2.jpg

DSCN1502_zps7beb4b43.jpg

DSCN1503_zpse6da942d.jpg

I like the Falcon Chuck! Looks like the front frame rails fit pretty nice up to the inner fender structure too. Also,looks like you can use the Nova steering box and perhaps the drag link/tie rods?

I have the majority of my Duster prepped for primer. Hopefully, I'll get that done today or tomorrow. Then, I should be able to post up some decent progress photos. I've been jumping back and forth between the Duster and the '61 Comet and not making a whole lot of progress on either one seems like. I still haven't nailed down a set of wheels or color for sure yet.

Some more pics.

DSCN1507_zps9ad166c7.jpg

Whatcha guys think????

looking great !! opening doors are a big plus in my book. since modeling time is at a premium at Tubb's house, i have begun to open only the drivers door. do you have colors picted out yet for this? also like the change in wheels.

looking great !! opening doors are a big plus in my book. since modeling time is at a premium at Tubb's house, i have begun to open only the drivers door. do you have colors picted out yet for this? also like the change in wheels.

The colors are going to be black/black on outside (No chrome) and black/yellow interior. Something like this.

7353250047_large_zps581393d1.jpg

Okay, I think I just bought the basis for this Community Build.... A '58 Chevrolet Sedan Delivery.

Previous owner has already started and converted AMT '66 Nova Pro Street chassis to fit under this body. It is little wider than the original, the front frame is stretched and rear too. It needs some putty, but otherwise it is going to stay like it is now. The engine will be 409 of course, with Cragar Blower.

DSCN0466.jpg

DSCN0467.jpg

DSCN0468.jpg

DSCN0469.jpg