Model Cars Magazine Forum

Edsel Diorama

dannyi

...thanks everybody, appreciate the great comments and taking the time to post! Speaking of posting, I really need to put aside some time to comment more because there is some really great work going on around here!

..this little dio is finished. Added a few small extras and made a couple of changes. At my wife's urging, I took out the bush in front of the car, added the rim and put the "horse collar" back on the grill..got to admit I do like it better.....

0073-1_zps5a55f5f0.jpg

0063_zpsa5d327c3.jpg

0033_zps06110a8f.jpg

..now it's on to the garage dio......

Danny, that is simply amazing.

What did you use for the the weeds?

I really wish I could make NNL this year, unfortunately I won't be able to. I hope you come back next year, and I hope that makes an encore appearance. I'd love to see it first-hand.

Charlie Larkin

What did you use for the the weeds?

Charlie Larkin

Charlie, the green spindly looking weeds are some kind of flower arrangement filler I got a Hobby Lobby. The other weeds are from Woodland Scenics tall grass section. The bushes are tiny dried flower stems covered with basil and parsley flakes.

What did you use for the base, Danny? I'm almost ready to start a diorama.

..the base is shadow box frame. I dropped it one day and shattered the glass, then almost threw it away. But being somewhat of a pack rat I kept it around. All I did was glue a 1/2" particle board floor about 3/8" below the top edge then filled it with Plaster of Paris. When it was cured I painted it earth brown, added the ground cover and gravel.....also, the box was already painted black.

• 8 months later...